Activision unveiled a tonne of information during the Call of Duty: Next event, and with the Modern Warfare 2 beta weekends starting up, fans are eager to jump in. During the Modern Warfare 2 beta, players can earn various rewards by leveling up and completing many challenges.
This article outlines the challenges of the Modern Warfare 2 beta, and all the rewards players can acquire. We also confirm if rewards earned in the beta carry over to the full release of Modern Warfare 2 on 28th October.
Modern Warfare 2 Beta Daily Challenges
There are a few progression systems in Modern Warfare 2, namely Weapon Platform Progression and player Rank, aka player levels. To rank up faster, players can complete challenges for a lot of XP.
- Modern Warfare 2 FOV Slider On Consoles & Best Settings
- ill COD Points Transfer To Warzone 2?
- Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 (2022) Beta - PC System Requirements
- Farm 18 Confirmed New Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer Map
In Modern Warfare 2's beta, players can experience the progression system and complete daily challenges.
Check out the categories and examples of daily challenges in Modern Warfare 2's beta below, as per an official post from Activision.
- General Challenges –These are considered the “simplest” challenges which may not require not much change in playstyle. Examples: Getting 15 kills while aiming down sights, get 8 longshot kills, or win 1 match in any mode.
- Weapon Challenges – These are tailored to specific weapon categories – if you have a favorite Weapon Platform, you might find it easy to complete these by simply editing a Receiver to fit the challenge. Otherwise, it encourages you to try out new weapons. Examples: getting 5 headshots with an SMG, get 5 Sniper Kills.
- Special Challenges – These are a bit more specific and encourage exploration with new equipment, Field Upgrades, or other features. Examples: getting 2 kills using Dead Silence, get a Drill Charge Kill.
If you can complete all three daily challenges in Modern Warfare 2, a bonus challenge will unlock.
This challenge rewards three times the XP compared to a normal daily challenge, and unlike a standard daily challenge, has two objectives.
Note that you only need to complete one of the two objectives to earn the huge amount of XP from the Modern Warfare 2 bonus challenge.
Activision explains and provides an example: "A 'split' objective that allows you to make progress towards one of two objectives. Once one of the two objectives is completed, the Bonus Challenge’s XP reward is given. Example: get 12 longshot kills OR 2 kills with Dead Silence – complete either one to finish the Bonus Challenge."
So why do you want to complete these COD Modern Warfare 2 beta challenges? Well, because they will help you rank up and earn some awesome rewards.
Modern Warfare 2 Beta Rewards & Ranks Required
To get all the Modern Warfare 2 beta rewards, you must reach Rank 30, which requires 290,000 XP.
There are two beta weekends, and the first one is exclusive to PlayStation. However, those who don't play in the first Modern Warfare 2 beta weekend can still unlock everything if they grind it out in the second weekend.
The first beta weekend allows you to unlock rewards up to Rank 15, while the second beta weekend allows you to unlock rewards up to Rank 30.
Check out the biggest rewards from the Modern Warfare 2 beta and the player Rank required to unlock below:
- Rank 2 (3,000 XP) –
- Rank 4 (10,500 XP) –
- Rank 6 (25,000 XP) –
- Rank 10 (45,000 XP) –
- Rank 15 (87,500 XP) –
- Rank 18 (119,000 XP) – Operator Skin: “Collision” (Horangi)
- Rank 19 (130,500 XP) – Weapon Vinyl (Sticker): “No Competition”
- Rank 21 (155,000 XP) – Weapon Sticker: “Safety First”
- Rank 26 (225,000 XP) – Vehicle Skin: “Floor It” (APC)
- Rank 30 (290,000 XP) – Weapon Blueprint: “Frontal Impact” (Assault Rifle)
Our next section explains why it is worth it to grind out as much time in the COD Modern Warfare 2 beta as possible.
Do MW2 Beta Rewards Carry Over To Release?
We are going to keep this section short and sweet. Rewards unlocked during the Modern Warfare 2 beta carry over to the main game. Yes, you will be able to access all the rewards you've unlocked during the beta once Modern Warfare 2 releases on 28th October 2022.
If you couldn't watch it live, check out Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2's action-packed trailer below.
So there you have it, all the types of challenges players can complete during the Modern Warfare 2 beta weekends and the rewards they will be able to farm. Good luck, and stay frosty!
For more on the ever-popular FPS franchise, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, updates, guides, features, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations | Check KD Ratio | XP Farm Trick | Chopper Gun Glitch | Weapon Tuning | Change Name Color | Hardcore Tier 1 Mode | Turn Off Crossplay | Steam Deck | Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues- Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug | Gold Camo Not Unlocking | Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |