The long-awaited mid-season update for Warzone and Modern Warfare has arrived, featuring a new map, a new sniper rifle, 200 player Battle Royale in Warzone, and much more. Importantly, the Grau AR has finally been nerfed, alongside a tonne of other weapon balance changes. Here's the full patch notes and new additions in the Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4 Reloaded update.
How big is Modern Warfare / Warzone Reloaded?
The Modern Warfare / Warzone Reloaded update is huge, so get ready for a big download. The update is between 22 and 32 GB in size depending on your platform, for those who own both Modern Warfare, and Warzone.
If you own both and want to play multiplayer (who doesn't?), then you will need to download an additional 3.5 GB data pack. After the update is installed, it should take minimal additional HDD space, as the developers are trying to get the games' file size under control.
Modern Warfare / Warzone Reloaded content highlights
There's a whole lot of new content for players to enjoy in the Modern Warfare / Warzone Season 4 reloaded update. This includes a new game mode, a new sniper rifle (Rytec AMR), a new map, a new operator called Roze, 200 player Battle Royale (as a limited-time event) and more.
Check out the highlights from Infinity Ward below.
Modern Warfare / Warzone Reloaded content highlights (Picture: Infinity Ward)
Players will be able to unlock the Rytec AMR, a new .50 calibre sniper rifle via an in-game challenge. There's also a blueprint variant in the Lost Souls bundle via the in-game store.
New map Cheshire Park:
A description of the new map reads: "Located in urban London, England, Cheshire Park is a picturesque garden and conservatory where Operators will battle from door to door or through the central flora-filled area."
New mode Team Defender:
The exciting Team Defend mode (last seen in MW3) returns for players to enjoy. This is a variant of CTF, but instead of two flags, teams will be fighting over one single flag. You will need to hunt down the player carrying the flag, with every second a team holds control of it granting points.
200 player Battle Royale:
In Warzone, players will be able to jump into a chaotic 200 player Battle Royale. This limited-time mode will be available for Quads queue only, and there's no indication of when the mode will be removed.
Warzone / Modern Warfare playlist update
Check out the playlist for Warzone and Modern Warfare coming with the Season 4 Reloaded update.
- Ground War
- Blueprint Gunfight
- Team Defender
- Cheshire Park 24/7
- Shoot the Ship 24/7
- Gunfight Tournaments
- Realism Mosh Pit is now in the Quick Play Filter
- Modified Special Operations: Strongbox Regular, Strongbox Veteran
- New Gulag weapons! Semi-auto rifles, snipers, along with one “just fists and a throwing knife” loadout!
- BR Quads 200
- BR Trios
- BR Duos
- BR Solos
- Plunder: Blood Money
Modern Warfare / Warzone Season 4 Reloaded patch notes
The patch notes for Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4 reloaded are massive, bringing general fixes, improvements, and those all-important weapon balance changes.
Warzone / Modern Warfare Season 4 Reloaded brings some big weapon balance changes (Picture: Infinity Ward)
Yes, the Grau has been nerfed, so you can start playing the game again.
- Fix for an issue where players could modify weapons with attachments from other weapons while using a mouse
- Fixed the wording in the Daily Challenge “Deploy the Manual Turret Killstreak 5 Times” to say “Shield Turret”
- Multiplayer and Warzone win/losses now track as intended per mode
- Improved stability for PC players
- Fix for Kreuger’s eyes coming out of his character model while performing the Brassed Off execution
- Fix for some Completionist camos not applying to the Witching Hour (AX-50 variant)
- Fixed an exploit on Krovnik Farmland while playing Reinfected Ground War
- Fixed a bug where the MIL-SIM CTSFO viewmodel gloves didn’t match the in-game world model
- Fix for a section of Hardhat that had invisible collision
- Fix for a bug where Demolition matches would not end as intended in overtime
- Added the Kali Sticks to modes like All or Nothing, Gun Game, Infected, and Gunfight
- Longshots now display the distance in the point feed
- Fixed a bug where the Juggernaut HUD elements would remain on the screen if the player was crushed by a crate
- Fixed an issue where the player could get stuck in place when throwing a grenade and trying to use a Shield Turret at the same time
- If a player throws a Molotov at a severely damaged Deployable Cover, the Deployable Cover will break and the Molotov fire will disappear, but damage for the fire remains present for a duration of ~20 seconds. This has been fixed
- Recon Drones can now be destroyed with Throwing Knives
- Hipfire reticles are now visible in Spectate and in the Killcam. This will make it easier to tell if a player is using Stopping Power rounds or Slug rounds
- Fix for an exploit in Boneyard where players could climb into the destroyed portion of a plane
- Gas Mask now cracks when you’re taking damage near or in the circle
- ‘Team Wiped’ message now appears in the Killfeed for your whole squad to see
- Fix for an issue where players could spawn under the map after winning their Gulag match
- Fixed a bug where players using Charly’s Tactical Human skin or Mara’s Valkryie skin would notice their character models missing from the exfil epilogue in the helicopter
- The audio for the Supply Choppers is too loud, preventing players from hearing most other sounds and communicating with their squad. This has been adjusted
- During the Supply Chopper event the supply choppers may spawn from under the map, killing players positioned on top of these locations as they raised through the map. This has been fixed
- Fix for the final circle being too close over areas that players cannot access such as the middle of Stadium
- The After Action Report now shows Cash Earned and Placement
- Fix for a rare bug where a player spawned out of bounds after dying out of bounds
- Fix for a minor issue where the radio operator dialog and subtitles for called in Killstreaks could incorrectly play the wrong faction
- Now allow up to three Precision Airstrikes to be called in at once but within a distance restriction
- The M4 will perform an AR magazine reload when attempting to reload the underbarrel launcher while you have the 50 Round Mag attachment equipped. This has been fixed
- Stopping Power is now applied to headshots. Only certain weapons can go from a 2-shot to a 1-shot head shot, like the FAL and Oden. This fixes a few cases where headshots could sometimes do less damage than body shots when using Stopping Power
- Start Ammo and Max Ammo Adjustments:
- Increased Max Ammo: M4 .458 SOCOM Rounds
- Increased Max Ammo and Start Ammo:
- CR-56 AMAX M67 Rounds
- SKS 10 Round Mags
- Striker 45 Hollowpoint Rounds
- SCAR Default Mags
- Oden Default Mags
- Increased Start Ammo:
- SCAR 25 Round Mags
- Oden 25 Round Mags
- AX-50: Increased damage range
- HDR: Guaranteed one-hit to lower torso at any range
- Increased ADS speed
- Small decrease to hip spread
- Increased damage range
- MK2 Carbine:
- Faster movement speed
- Increased damage range
- Increased ADS speed
- 2 hit kill min
- Gun recoil returns to the center more
- Faster rate of fire
- FAL: Added a close range damage shelf with one-hit headshot potential
- AK-47: Increased ADS speed
- CR-56 AMAX: Decreased damage range
- Decreased damage range
- Decreased 10MM damage range
- Reduced long range damage to 10MM ammo
- Slight recoil increase to 10MM ammo
- Grau 5.56
- Damage range reduction
- Slight increase to high frequency recoil
- Reduced recoil compensation and decreased range on Tempus 26.4” Archangel and FSS 20.8” Nexus barrels
- Shotgun Slugs:
- Increased projectile velocity
- Reduced ads spread
- Added dynamic hip spread
- Increased damage ranges
- Increased lower torso damage
- No stock attachment:
- Increased weapon recoil
- Decreased ADS aiming steadiness
- Improved the effectiveness of the Decoy Grenade against most types of enemy soldiers
- Operation Harbinger – Fixed issue where some of the white trucks would appear without any enemies inside of them
SPECIAL OPERATIONS: SURVIVAL:
- At the Weapons Store the weapons with purchased Gunsmith attachments are now displayed clearly
- The Buy Phase timer now pulses red when about to run out to help remind players of the upcoming wave
- Fixed issue where the text chat was overlapping some Buy Phase store elements
- Fixed issue where players could purchase weapons from the store as they are being downed
- Fixed issue where if players voted to ‘Retry’ after failing beyond wave 55 they would start each Buy Phase with reduced time
- Fixed a rare issue where players could use Munitions / Killstreaks in while downed
The Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4 Reloaded update was released at roughly 08:00 UK time.
While you wait for the update to download, you can spend some time watching the latest episode of our Lockdown video series.