In a brand-new Warzone Pacific update released on 17th December, Raven Software took more steps to improve the battle royale experience on Caldera.
Bombing runs removed from Caldera
The removal of bombing runs should be considered a welcome change. For those who haven't played Warzone Pacific, bombing runs drop random stun bombs from the sky onto players' locations, with the goal of keeping players moving.
While it sounds great in practice, bombing runs have been an annoyance for many players, while others took advantage of this feature to pinpoint the location of enemies.
Raven Software announced this news in an updated patch notes post with one short but sweet line: "The Bombing Runs over the Caldera have come to a halt. No more reported sightings."
Warzone Pacific 17th December patch notes
Apart from Raven Software putting bombing runs over Caldera to a stop, the developer also ambient sound effects in the 17th December update.
Players have been struggling to hear footsteps thanks to a bombardment of sounds since the launch of Warzone Pacific Season 1, so this should be a welcome change. The developers also reduced the initial and scaling rewards for the [TOP SECRET] Contract.
Apart from these changes, there are also several bug fixes in the latest Warzone Pacific update.
Bug fixes in Warzone Pacific:
- Fixed collision issues with various elements across Caldera allowing Players to exploit/peek/shoot through them.
- Fixed an issue with the Kar98k (VG) where the Shrouded Gun Perk would allow it to fire as if it were semi-automatic.
- Fixed an issue causing a reduction in frame rate when respawning with a Player Title and Calling Card Frame equipped.
- Fixed an audio issue during infil in Vanguard Royale modes.
- Fixed additional placeholder images to appear in various Store Bundle previews and/or purchases.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder images to appear in the Bundle Locker.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear on the Social menu.
- Fixed an issue causing placeholder text to appear on various Calling Cards.
- Fixed an issue causing Store Bundle to appear with the incorrect Rarity label.
Despite Warzone Pacific clearly having a bit of a troubled launch, it is great to see the developers continuing to improve the battle royale.
Yes, the removal of bombing runs in Caldera is definitely an improvement, and the bug fixes from the 17th December patch notes does inspire a bit of confidence.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Call of Duty section for news, loadouts, tier lists, leaks and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.