Most of the submachine gun changes were focused around the max damage range, multipliers, or base damage numbers of a select few. As usual, the Call of Duty: Vanguard weapons received the most attention. And with nearly 200 weapons in the game now, it's impossible to focus on everything, but some love was spread between each title.
Warzone Season 4 Reloaded (2022) SMG Tier List
One of the biggest changes to Warzone Season 4 Reload for the submachine gun tier list is geared toward the Marco 5. This SMG was introduced at the beginning of this season, along with plenty of other new adjustments to the class. In the mid-season update, the Marco 5 is set down a peg to make way for other options.
- Warzone - Fortune's Keep Cursed Chest And Golden Plunder Explained
- Warzone Season 4 Reloaded Titanium Trials - All Challenges And Rewards
- Warzone Season 4 Reloaded Assault Rifle Tier List - Best Assault Rifles In COD
- Warzone Season 4 Reloaded - Release Date, Terminator, More
Assault rifles were the main focus of the mid-season patch. Raven Software mentioned that they were ranked almost entirely on recoil controllability, and a laundry list of weapons was nerfed. There wasn't anything that drastic for the submachine gun class this time. However, weapons like the Uzi and the UGR got some deserved attention.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This tier usually consists of the most popular weapons, and for a good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless.
- A-Tier: These Submachine Guns come close to S-Tier, and much of the time the line is blurred. But in a fight with two equal players, the top-tier weapons are going to have the edge in consistency and power.
- B-Tier: Here you'll find the middle tier of the Submachine Guns. These would still be considered usable, but they will certainly need the right attachments. Expect to lose some uneven fights.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but they are mostly for fun. Some great plays can be pulled off, but they are going to lose a lot of fights.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and because of their lack of power, they are also usually not fun. Maybe they can get some buffs.
Note: This tier list will be ranked based on the latest Warzone Season 4 Reloaded patch. The goal is to create the most accurate tier list that reflects the meta, but all lists will have some differences.
S-Tier Submachine Guns
- PPSh-41 (Vanguard)
- Armaguerra 43
- H4 Blixen
The only major difference for the S-Tier in the mid-season update is the removal of the Marco 5. With the damage numbers changing, the Marco was moved down just one tier, while the UGR has become even more of a force. H4 Blixen users will also experience some minor nerfs, but nothing strong enough to change the listing.
A-Tier Submachine Guns
- MP5 (Cold War)
- PP19 Bizon
- Marco 5
- Milano 821
- MP5 (Modern Warfare)
- PPSh-41 (Cold War)
- OTs 9
You'll notice the Marco 5 in A-Tier now, and it's easily one of the best at this rank. It's still viable and can easily compete with most guns. Along with the Marco, the Cold War MP5 also had some tuning, but it wasn't groundbreaking.
B-Tier Submachine Guns
- Type 100
- Owen Gun
B-Tier is full of the average weapons and it hasn't changed much at all. One change you'll want to note though is the addition of the Uzi. In Warzone Season 4 Reloaded, the Uzi has much better base stats and has moved up two tiers on the best submachine gun tier list.
C-Tier Submachine Guns
These last two tiers haven't changed, and the odds are they won't. Uzi fans can rejoice at one weapon making out of the bottom. More of these weapons may move up in time. Until then, use them in niche situations where the strengths of the SMG meet the situation.
D-Tier Submachine Guns
- Nail Gun
- KSP 45
- Striker 45
With Warzone 2 on the horizon, we'll probably never see any changes to these forgotten soldiers. They all offer some fun features and potential stats but aren't good. Avoid these if you want to win, or prove your skill in the Warzone.
So there you have it, our complete tier list for all SMGs at the start of Warzone Season 4 Reloaded (2022).
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, guides, updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Activision.