Many of the assault rifles that were tuned in the Warzone Season 4 Reloaded update were changed at a base level to make way for some new competition. Attachments were also altered on some weapons that have a crutch item. Overall, it seems like some of the Call of Duty: Vanguard weapons took the biggest hits.
Warzone Season 4 Reloaded (2022) Assault Rifle Tier List
Nearly every assault rifle in Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded has been ranked based on their versatility and effectiveness at different ranges. One of the largest indicators of effectiveness in the battle royale has also been low recoil for a very long time. Raven Software acknowledged this in the latest patch notes.
- Warzone - Fortune's Keep Cursed Chest And Golden Plunder Explained
- Warzone Season 4 Reloaded Titanium Trials - All Challenges And Rewards
- What Time Does Warzone Season 4 Reloaded Release?
- Warzone Season 4 Reloaded - Release Date, Terminator, More
The focus of the new weapon updates is geared towards lowering the recoil control of some assault rifles. Nearly every AR that took a hit to recoil control is from Vanguard. Meanwhile, some of the Modern Warfare and Black Ops Cold War weapons received flat buffs to damage and range. One, in particular, was the Kilo, a previously meta-dominating assault rifle in Warzone.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This tier typically comprises the most popular "meta" weapons, and for a good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless at almost any range.
- A-Tier: These assault rifles come close to S-Tier, with subtle differences in their consistency and power. Simple nerfs can bring a weapon down here; however, these can be ameliorated with a solid loadout
- B-Tier: Here, you'll find the middle tier of assault rifles. These guns would still be considered usable, but they need the right attachments. Again, expect to lose some uneven fights depending on the loadout.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but these assault rifles are primarily used for fun. You can pull off some great plays, but you'll likely lose a lot of fights.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and playing with them is not fun because of their lack of power.
Note: This tier list will be ranked based on the latest Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reload patch. The goal is to create the most accurate tier list that reflects the current meta, but all lists will have some differences depending on perspective.
S-Tier Assault Rifles
- Krig 6
- Grau 5.56
- Vargo 52
- AK-47 (BOCW)
- Fara 83
There were quite a few changes to the S-Tier with the new patch. More weapons are in A-Tier now and the highest tier remained relatively untouched. Weapons like the Krig 6 and the Fara 83 received buffs and are even better than they were last season. The STG44 took a hit to control but it's still a fantastic choice.
A-Tier Assault Rifles
- Kilo 141
- Cooper Carbine
- KG M40
- Nikita AVT
- CR-56 AMAX
Warzone Pacific Season 4 Reloaded's main focus was on this A-Tier ranking. So many weapons on here were tuned to a degree. Some like the Kilo 141 were bumped up a tier. Others like the Cooper Carbine, which took a sizeable hit in control to the meta mag attachment, move down just a bit. A-Tier is still highly competitive, and each of these weapons has a ton of potential.
B-Tier Assault Rifles
- AS VAL
- ITRA Burst
Only the Volk was changed in this tier and it wasn't enough to move the weapon anywhere. It received some decent changes to mag attachments, but the damage they received also meant a huge hit to the control the weapon has. Players can still use all these rifles as the average choice.
C-Tier Assault Rifles
- FFAR 1
- FN Scar 17
The next two tiers were unfortunately not tuned at all. With almost 200 weapons in the game, Raven Software has to pick and choose what gets tuned. The best assault rifles in Warzone will likely float around the same tiers for the rest of the lifespan
D-Tier Assault Rifles
- FR 5.56
- AK-47 (Modern Warfare)
Just like the C-Tier, all of these assault rifles were left alone and probably won't get tuned before Warzone 2. You can always pick one up to try out a fun loadout, but don't expect to outshoot an equal player using something like the Vargo 52.
So there you have it, our full tier list for all ARs at the start of Warzone Season 4 Reloaded (2022).
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, guides, updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Activision.