With the next big World of Warcraft (WoW) Dragonflight update, Embers of Neltharion (10.1), comes the Aberrus raid, a massive new zone (Zaralek Cavern), and much more. However, there is also an exciting, long-awaited feature, cross-faction guilds in WoW Dragonflight!
This article explains the precise release date and time for cross-faction guilds in World of Warcraft, alongside the restrictions in place and how it works, so let's get started.
Update on 9 May 2023: The Cross-Faction Guilds feature is now live with the WoW Dragonflight 10.1 patch.
WoW Dragonflight Cross-Faction Guilds: Release Date & Time
The cross-faction guilds feature will release with the Embers of Neltharion (10.1) update for WoW Dragonflight players to enjoy. Blizzard gets the heroes of Azeroth hyped in a recent announcement, stating that:
No longer will you have to wish your Horde heart could find a home with the amazing Alliance guild you just cleared a random raid with. Nor do you have to don a cheery Alliance front after wishing a fond farewell to some fantastic Horde heroes after a successful Heroic.
We're blurring the faction line for guilds and allowing players to create and join same-realm guilds with their friends from the opposite faction when the Embers of Neltharion update arrives on May 2.
So when are the exact dates and times for US and Europe that cross-faction guilds become available in WoW? Check them out below, alongside a countdown clock to the European release for good measure.
- The cross-faction guilds feature for WoW Dragonflight will be released in the US on Tuesday, 2 May 2023, at 08:00 PST.
- The cross-faction guilds feature for WoW Dragonflight will be released in the US on Wednesday, 3 May 2023, at 04:00 CEST.
Countdown to Cross-Faction Guilds Feature:
There are, however, some restrictions in place, so it isn't exactly a free-for-all for the Horde and Alliance.
WoW Cross-Faction Guild Restrictions & Caveats
Blizzard has shared a list of restrictions and caveats for the cross-faction guilds feature in WoW Dragonflight. Check it out below.
- Guild affiliation with the Alliance or Horde will depend on the faction of the Guild Leader, and guild achievements and vendors will still reflect the guild's primary faction.
- Guild members of the opposite faction will benefit from unlocked shared perks but cannot contribute to specific achievements. As an example, Alliance members of a Horde guild could not contribute progress towards the "Alliance Slayer" guild achievement.
- Guild repairs and social conveniences, like shared chat, will be available to opposite-faction guild members.
- Players must be Battle.net friends or part of the same Battle.net community to invite or receive an invitation to an opposite-faction guild on the same realm.
A significant note is that opposing-faction guild members can only play "communally" inside instanced content. In the open world, they are considered "Unfriendly," and in War Mode, they are considered Hostile.
In case you missed it, check out the "Opening the Way" in-game cinematic for the Embers of Neltharion update below.
That's everything we know so far about cross-faction guilds in WoW Dragonflight, including the exact release dates and times for this highly-requested feature, how it works, and the restrictions/caveats. If or when more information becomes available, we will endeavor to update this article.
Check out our video below, where we dive deep into the lore of the Dragon Aspects in World of Warcraft, discussing all the leaders, their history, and some family drama!
Dragonflight Guides - Primal Storms Event| Content Roadmap| Play On Steam Deck| Raid Schedule| Dracthyr Evoker Class| Dragon Isles Zones| Max Level & Progression Path| Crafting Orders| Dragonriding| Editions & Bonuses|Dracthyr Evoker|Twitch Drops & Rewards|Maintenance Schedule US & EU|Check Server Status|Performance & Stuttering Fix|DPS Tier List|Mythic+ Affix Rotation Season 1|Reset Talents | Transfer Aborted & World Down Issues | Tangled Dreamweaver Mount | Stuck on Loading Screen Error Fix | Vault of the Incarnates Loot | Wrathion or Sabellian? |
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard.