As Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War nears its release, Treyarch is hard at work balancing the game, taking feedback from players that have taken part in the Alpha exclusive forPlayStation 4 and the beta currently open for all platforms.
In a recent blog post, the developers confirmed that, due to the comments received from fans after some time testing the multiplayer components of the game, big changes to the scorestreak system will take place during the beta testing period.
Some of the differences include better rewards for early kill streaks and score tuning across different game modes. On top of this, they have adjusted the cost of the streaks, hoping to find a sweet spot come the game's launch.
Take a look at the full patch notes below.
Black Ops Cold War Beta 16th October Patch Notes
- Adjusted score tuning to deliver a more consistent earn rate across all game modes.We’ve noticed a disparity of Scorestreak earn potential across game modes. Domination saw a high volume of Scorestreaks, while TDM saw less. This new adjustment now sits between where Domination and TDM were during the PS4 Beta.
- Increased score rewards for streaks of 6, 7, 8, and 9 kills to better reward players.
- We agree with feedback that players who go on killstreaks in the 6-9 range were not rewarded enough by the Scorestreak system, and had to go on too high of a streak to earn powerful Scorestreaks compared to past games. This update increases those score values to better reward players for going on higher streaks.
- Adjusted costs for all Beta Scorestreaks.
- The process of dialing in the exact Scorestreak earn rate that feels good for the majority of players will take a few rounds of feedback, and this is the next step. Our process here will allow us to better evaluate feedback after the Crossplay Open Beta to have Scorestreaks in a solid place for launch.
- Increased the cooldown on Spy Planes to help limit their numbers in the sky at one time.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when joining a match in progress where items were not properly spawned.
- Fixed a crash on PC that could occur on boot if Windows was set to certain languages with the “DD.MM.YYYY” date format (for example, Finnish and German).
- Additional general stability improvements on all platforms.
- Addressed an issue where a player could spawn outside of the map in Cartel at the start of a match.
2XP + 2X WEAPON XP NOW LIVE
Now through the rest of the Crossplay Open Beta, everyone gets 2XP and 2X Weapon XP to rank up and unlock weapon attachments twice as fast through the rest of the weekend! Don’t forget to reach level 10 to unlock the “Mutual Animosity” SMG Weapon Blueprint for launch.
For more on Black Ops Cold War, check out the best mouse settings for PC players.