After an initial delay, the massive new Call of Duty Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4 patch has finally arrived. We've got the full patch notes, as well as details on new features such as Weapon Mastery, and in-match Warzone events to share.
Let's kick things off with the download size, and how it will affect the ever-growing file size for Warzone and Modern Warfare.
Warzone and Modern Warfare patch download size
The Warzone and Modern Warfare Season 4 patch will only take up an additional 4 GB of HDD space on your gaming device of choice. However, the download is pretty massive.
Warzone and Modern Warfare patch download size per platform:
- PS4: 32.5GB
- Xbox One: 44.3GB
- PC (Premium Players): 45GB
- PC (Free to Play Players): 39.6GB
Ashton Williams, communications manager at Infinity Ward, explains the download size compared to the file size increase.
The Season 4 download is going to be large. In order to reduce the overall disc space that MW and WZ take up, we're compressing a bunch of assets. Once installed, the S4 launch will only take up an additional 4GB on consoles for all of the new content.— Ashton Williams (@ashtonisVULCAN) June 10, 2020
In short, it could have been much worse for the total file size of the game, and Infinity Ward is doing their best to keep the game(s) from growing too large.
Warzone Rumble and Playlist update
Warzone Rumble is a brand-new mode in Warzone. Two teams of 50 players parachute and battle it out in various areas around Verdansk. This mode is high action with custom loadouts, vehicles, and quick respawns.
The playlist update adds Warzone Rumble to the Battle Royale. Find the full playlist update below for Modern Warfare and Warzone Season 4.
- Barakett Promenade has been added to Ground War!
- Trench Mosh Pit (2v2)!
- Scrapyard 24/7!
- Blueprint Gunfight!
- Blood Money
- Warzone Rumble!
Warzone in-match events
In Season 4 of Warzone, a new feature called "in-match events" have been added. These in-match events occur without advance notice, somewhere in the mid-game. Only one of these Warzone events can occur in a match.
There are three new event types at the start of Season 4. Check out a description of each in-match Warzone event to familiarize yourself with the possibilities before jumping into the battlefield.
When a ‘Jailbreak’ occurs, all players that have been eliminated will be released back into the match. Whether you were waiting for your 1v1 in the Gulag or had been relegated to a spectator, now you’ll have another chance. You will get a one-minute notice before a Jailbreak event happens to find additional armour or secure a weapon for your returning teammates.
Jailbreak events can occur any time during the middle game of a Battle Royale match, so it may be worth it to spectate, just in case. Be mindful that when a Jailbreak occurs, it’s not just your teammates that are coming back, but tons of additional enemies.
A ‘Fire Sale’ is an in-game event that temporarily discounts most of the items at a Buy Station up to 80% or even gives items out completely free. A Fire Sale is a perfect time to pick up a UAV, Armor Box for your squad or even a lethal Killstreak. During a Fire Sale buying back a fallen teammate is completely free.
If your short on in-match Cash, a Fire Sale might be the best chance to redeploy a squadmate. Note that even during a Fire Sale, Loadout Drops are not discounted. Fire Sales only last sixty seconds, so expect Buy Stations to be crowded and prepare for a fight.
A ‘Supply Choppers’ event brings a non-lethal, but heavily armoured helicopter to Verdansk. The helicopter will have a lot of health, and it will require a few rounds of bullets and maybe a rocket or two to bring it down. The helicopter will not shoot at you, but make sure that while your distracted enemy teams don’t take advantage. Once you destroy the Supply Chopper, it will drop high-quality loot for players to pick up.
This loot includes three UAVs, two armour boxes and munitions boxes, a gas mask, a grenade launcher, and tons of Cash at a minimum. Supply Choppers leave after a certain period of time, so if you want to take one out start firing right away. Remember, that after taking down a Supply Chopper, you have to collect the loot. Watch out for enemy teams who might try to take you out during the collection or steal your hard-earned rewards.
Contraband contract system
Contraband is a new, rare contract with a permanent Blueprint Reward. Contraband contracts have a chance to spawn after a previous contract is completed. If you see the Contraband briefcase, hurry up and collect it. Once you have it, take it to the designated Helicopter Extraction location to call in the helicopter.
The player carrying the briefcase must deposit it into the helicopter drop-bag to complete the mission. If you kill a player carrying this briefcase you can steal it complete the contract for your team. Be on the lookout for them on your Tac Map!
Call of Duty Weapon Mastery
Once you’ve unlocked Gold for a weapon, Mastery Challenges become available. There are 8 Challenges per weapon, each granting their own rewards, with 4 Player cards and 4 Emblems up for grabs.
You’ll need to make your way through 2 Kill Challenges, 2 Headshot Challenges, and 4 additional Challenges that must be done in order (Gold, Platinum, Damascus, Obsidian). Completing all challenges for 51 weapons unlocks a badass special Sticker and Playercard!
Modern Warfare Season 4 Roadmap
(Picture: Infinity Ward)
Infinity Ward has also released a content roadmap detailing a lot of the new features, maps and operators they will be bringing to the game during Season 4 for a look at all these goodies check out our Season 4 Roadmap page.
Warzone and Modern Warfare Season 4 patch notes
Infinity Ward has shared the full Warzone and Modern Warfare patch notes, including general fixes, Warzone specific patch notes, and Special Ops fixes. Check them all out below.
The massive patch notes have been revealed (Picture: Infinity Ward).
- Fix for some players not receiving their Season 3 emblem
- Fixes to help reduce players encountering Error Code 13-71. If you still experience this after today’s update, please reach out to Activision Customer Support
- Fix for a bug where the Ghost Perk was not hiding players from the Heartbeat Sensor when viewing the Killcam
- Fixed an issue where some players were unable to activate a Nuke after getting the appropriate number of kills
- Fix for a bug where the 4th Operator Mission for Talon, “Complete 2 Warzone Plunder Matches” was not tracking as intended
- Fix for an issue where some players could find long wait times when attempting to load into Ground War matches
- Fix for a bug where neutral Hardpoints were appearing yellow instead of grey
- Various exploit fixes across multiple maps
- Fix for the Officer Challenge, “Get 20 kill while crouched” not tracking properly for some players
- Fixed a bug where the white health regen was triggering on downing other players even if Quick Fix wasn’t equipped
- Fix for an exploit where players could sometimes call in duplicate UAVs
- Added new weapon perks to the Specialist Bonus (the bonus earned after getting 8 kills while specialist is active): Frangible-Disabling, Frangible-Wounding, Mo'Money, Recon, Heavy Hitter, FMJ, Presence of Mind
- Fixed a bug where players were unable to perform executions when on some elevated surfaces
- Fixes to help prevent an issue where players were able to move before the match countdown timer completed
- Fixes to help prevent against black graphical corruption issues some players were seeing
- Fix for the “For the Cause” grip tape not appearing properly on the base M4
- Improved stability fixes for PC
- Fixes to help prevent issues with voice chat
- Lowered ammo count for reload warning on belt fed LMG
- Fixed bug with HDR and Sleight of Hand where reloading would not give ammo to the player
- Loot Update: New weapons and updated Blueprints! Be on the lookout for the Fennec, CR-56 Amax, Renetti, and more!
- Fixed a bug where the Recon Contract could spawn inside an Ammo Supply cache, making it unusable
- After completing the Contraband Mission and calling in the extract helicopter, players could shoot the helicopter without receiving hitmarkers and the helicopter would remain on screen indefinitely
- Fixed a bug where players were able to drop their weapon in the Gulag
- Fix for an exploit where players were able to duplicate Self Revive kits
- Fix for a bug where a player was stuck in 3rd person gameplay
- Daily Challenges are now displayed alongside Multiplayer and Warzone challenges
- Fixed an issue where unlocking an Operator skin in Co-Op would not unlock the base skin for that Operator as well
- Fixed a bug where the game would not end correctly if the last player alive used Team Revive immediately before dying
Special Operations Survival:
- Fix for being able to duplicate the Juggernaut Suit Munition minigun
- Fix for rare instances of waves not ending properly
- Fixed an exploit on St. Petrograd where players could fully hide from soldiers behind a bar
So there you have it, the mammoth full patch notes for Call of Duty: Warzone and Modern Warfare Season 4.