New weapon changes are always a part of a fresh season, and Warzone Pacific Season 3 is no different. The Submachine Gun category has a few alterations that can shift the rankings just a bit on some popular picks.
Overall, Season 3 hasn't brought about too many drastic nerfs or buffs in either direction. There were mainly minor nerfs to weapons such as the Owen Gun and the Type 100. With that said, some Submachine Guns need to move around in the rankings list.
Call of Duty Warzone Pacific Season 3 SMG tier list
Before placing every Submachine Gun into ranks for Warzone Pacific Season 3, it's important to note what separates roles. A Submachine Gun is usually a tool for close-quarters combat, and many of the best ones are judged by their effectiveness up close.
- Warzone Pacific Season 3 Weapon Balance changes - All buffs and nerfs
- How to get free Warzone Godzilla vs Kong calling cards
- How to unlock the M1916 Marksman Rifle in Warzone Pacific Season 3
- How to unlock the Nikita AVT AR in Warzone Pacific Season 3
These weapons are usually paired with snipers or slower weapons so that every possible range can be attacked. Submachine Guns that are the best of the best are also great at mid-range, which makes them even more dangerous with a sniper pair.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This tier usually consists of the most popular weapons, and for good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless.
- A-Tier: These Submachine Guns come close to S-Tier, and much of the time the line is blurred. But in a fight with two equal players, the top-tier weapons are going to have the edge in consistency and power.
- B-Tier: Here you'll find the middle tier of the Submachine Guns. These would still be considered usable, but they will certainly need the right attachments. Expect to lose some uneven fights.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but they are mostly for fun. Some great plays can be pulled off, but they are going to lose a lot of fights.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and because of their lack of power, they are also usually not fun. Maybe they can get some buffs.
Note: This tier list will be ranked based on the latest Warzone Pacific Season 3 patch. The goal is to create the most accurate tier list that reflects the meta, but all lists will have some differences.
S-Tier Submachine Guns in Warzone Pacific Season 3
- Milano 821
- Owen Gun
- PPSh-41 (Vanguard)
In this category, it's hard to go wrong with any choice. These are all weapons that have dominated for as long as they have existed and that likely won't change anytime soon. Many of them have the ability to shred enemies in a second while also winning mid-range fights, like the Milano or the MP-40.
A-Tier Submachine Guns in Warzone Pacific Season 3
- OTs 9
- MP5 (Cold War)
- PP19 Bizon
- Armaguerra 43
- MP5 (Modern Warfare)
- PPSh-41 (Cold War)
All the Submachine Guns listed here are still competitive in Warzone Pacific Season 3. They aren't monsters like the top-tier picks, but the line is nearly blurred. Against teams where their entire kit isn't meta, these weapons can easily win. This section is also fairly diverse across games.
B-Tier Submachine Guns in Warzone Pacific Season 3
- Type 100
These weapons are all very middle of the line. They simply won't win in a competitive environment, but they are decent in a normal game. Subs like the MP7 or the Bullfrog are essentially worse versions of guns that already exist in a higher tier.
Problems against other tiers are still going to pop up, but good players can still utilize these options to their advantage, given they have the right attachments in Warzone Pacific Season 3.
C-Tier Submachine Guns in Warzone Pacific Season 3
Weapons in the C-Tier are not the best options, and they should usually be avoided. Most of these, such as the Fennec, have very niche advantages that may win in rare instances against even players. But they are not consistent, and even good attachments won't help their case too much.
D-Tier Submachine Guns in Warzone Pacific Season 3
- Nail Gun
- KSP 45
- Striker 45
Most of these weapons, such as the Nail Gun or the KSP 45, have a fun basis that simply isn't effective. Take these weapons into a loadout when you want to mess around in Caldera, but expect to be taken down quite a bit.
This tier has been neglected for some time and the weapons that are here tend to hang for a while. It's possible that they could always receive a buff, but it's best not to hold your breath and check out the other handful of weapons available.
For more on loadouts and Warzone Pacific Season 3 updates, check out the Call of Duty section of our site! We'll keep you in the loop all season long with new patch updates, map POIs, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
For more Call of Duty news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or some of our MW2 Guides & Tutorials below:
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations|Check KD Ratio|XP Farm Trick|Chopper Gun Glitch|Weapon Tuning|Change Name Color|Hardcore Tier 1 Mode| Turn Off Crossplay|Steam Deck| Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues-Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug|Gold Camo Not Unlocking|Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |
Best Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts - Best Weapon Tier List | M4 Loadout| PDSW 528 Loadout|TAQ-V Loadout|M4 Loadout|Fennec 45| No Recoil M4 Loadout | SA-B 50 Loadout | Kastov-74U Loadout |