In the past, there have been patches that will dramatically change the top-tier submachine guns list in order to force a new meta. For Season 4 of Warzone, Raven Software seems to have given a direct focus to balancing the top selections, but there was nothing meta-shattering in the process. If anything, the new season could bring some of the most balanced weapons since Vanguard was released along with Caldera.
Warzone Season 4 (2022) submachine gun tier list
In the past two seasons of Warzone Pacific, there have been plenty of new submachine gun additions. Along with the Marco 5 in Warzone Season 4, the new SMGs have all been viable options with plenty of firepower in the Battle Royale. They all share common traits in close quarters dominance mixed with mid-range damage potential.
- How to unlock Vargo-S Assault Rifle in Warzone Season 4
- Warzone Push Dagger - How to Unlock in Season 4
- Call of Duty Warzone Season 4 patch notes
- Warzone Season 4 Roadmap - Fortune's Keep, Caldera update, new modes, more
It's a given that the Marco 5 is an SMG that you'll want to look out for in the S-Tier level for Warzone Season 4, but there are plenty of great options. Weapons like the H4 Blixen and the MP40 are both still fantastic in their own right. Pair any of these with a sniper rifle or AR and you are good to go.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This tier usually consists of the most popular weapons, and for good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless.
- A-Tier: These Submachine Guns come close to S-Tier, and much of the time the line is blurred. But in a fight with two equal players, the top-tier weapons are going to have the edge in consistency and power.
- B-Tier: Here you'll find the middle tier of the Submachine Guns. These would still be considered usable, but they will certainly need the right attachments. Expect to lose some uneven fights.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but they are mostly for fun. Some great plays can be pulled off, but they are going to lose a lot of fights.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and because of their lack of power, they are also usually not fun. Maybe they can get some buffs.
Note: This tier list will be ranked based on the latest Warzone Pacific Season 4 patch. The goal is to create the most accurate tier list that reflects the meta, but all lists will have some differences.
S-Tier Submachine Guns
- PPSh-41 (Vanguard)
- Armaguerra 43
- H4 Blixen
- Marco 5
S-tier is still mostly the same aside from the addition of the Marco 5. While this new weapon is a fantastic option in Caldera or the new close-quarters map, some major changes happened to two other weapons as well. Both the Armaguerra 43 and the H4 Blixen received the most attention in the update.
The Armaguerra 43 seems to have received small buffs to allow for consistency in close-quarters fights while keeping the same strengths. On the other hand, the H4 Blixen was slightly nerfed to remove some of the dominance, but it is still a great SMG.
A-Tier Submachine Guns
- MP5 (Cold War)
- PP19 Bizon
- Milano 821
- MP5 (Modern Warfare)
- PPSh-41 (Cold War)
- OTs 9
This tier is nearly the same as it was before the Warzone Season 4 update. Some weapons like the MAC-10 and the Welgun received changes, but they were minimal and limited to only one changer per weapon. These appear to be purely for smaller weapon tunes.
B-Tier Submachine Guns
- Type 100
- Owen Gun
Two of the biggest changes in this tier were done to the Owen Gun and the Sten. The Owen Gun has continued to get small nerfs, and this time, they were given to the damage modifiers on the weapon. Meanwhile, the Sten was buffed up enough to move up a tier and could even be argued for A-Tier.
C-Tier Submachine Guns
After B-Tier, there are no significant changes in Warzone Pacific Season. You won't find the best SMGS in Caldera within this tier, but they can still be useful in niche situations, such as the high fire rate on a Fennec.
D-Tier Submachine Guns
- Nail Gun
- KSP 45
- Striker 45
These submachine guns are fun to use but essentially useless. Even in the best hands, they are bound to lose to the S-Tier rankings in a fair match. They add as much flavor to the game as they do frustration.
So there you have it, our full tier list for all SMGs at the start of Warzone Pacific Season 4 (2022).
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, guides, updates, and more!
Featured image courtesy of Activision.