Last Stand marks an end to an era, and in Warzone Season 5, submachine guns have more entries in the roster than ever. This could easily be the final list of SMGs we see in the initial version of Warzone, and there's never been a better time for a tier list.
Raven Software aims to bring far more balance across the submachine gun class compared to Season 4 Reloaded. As a result, some obvious top-tier SMGs were brought down a peg, and some low-tiers got unexpected help. This tier list will rank all submachine guns from best to worst in Warzone Season 5.
Warzone Season 5 (2022) SMG Tier List
Two of the largest changes to the overall tier list were geared towards the Armaguerra and the Marco 5. Both of those submachine guns were by far the best options for sniper support or close-quarters loadouts. Also, Raven Software changed the base stats and some of the popular attachments for these weapons.
- Warzone Season 5 Weapon Balance Changes - All Nerfs & Buffs
- Warzone Season 5 - Doomsday Station, Supply Box, Rage Serum Explained
- Call Of Duty Warzone & Vanguard Season 5 - All New Weapons
- Call Of Duty Vanguard Zombies Season 5 - What Is The Archon?
With the heavy hitters balanced out, some old favorites were also beefed up; this includes weapons like the Fennec and the Striker from Modern Warfare. These guns got some adjustments, creating more variety than last season.
Tier rank description:
- S-Tier: This "meta" tier typically comprises the most popular weapons for a good reason. These are picks that most competitive players will continue to use until something better comes along. They are nearly flawless.
- A-Tier: These Submachine Guns come close to S-Tier, and the line is often blurred. But in a fight with two equal players, the top-tier weapons will have the edge in consistency and power.
- B-Tier: Here, you'll find the middle tier of the Submachine Guns. These would still be considered usable, but they will certainly need the right attachments. Again, expect to lose some uneven fights.
- C-Tier: This is where weapons start to lose quality. Attachments can help these, but they are mostly for fun. Some great plays can be pulled off, but they are going to lose a lot of fights.
- D-Tier: Any weapon in this category should be avoided. They aren't competitive, and because of their lack of power, they are also usually not fun.
Note: This tier list will be ranked based on the latest Warzone Season 5 patch. The goal is to create the most accurate tier list that reflects the meta, but all lists will have some differences.
S-Tier Submachine Guns
- PPSh-41 (Vanguard)
The meta SMG tier has slowly been cut down season after season, and there are just four weapons left. However, throughout all the balance changes, the MP-40 has remained the most consistently good weapon in Warzone Pacific, and that won't change in Season 5.
A-Tier Submachine Guns
- MP5 (Cold War)
- PP19 Bizon
- H4 Blixen
- Armaguerra 43
- Marco 5
- Milano 821
- MP5 (Modern Warfare)
- PPSh-41 (Cold War)
- OTs 9
- RA 225
The Warzone Season 5 A-Tier is more bloated than ever. Three S-Tier weapons were moved down, and the latest SMG was also brought into this tier. Along with all of the other options, the A-Tier is stacked.
B-Tier Submachine Guns
- Type 100
- Owen Gun
The SMG B-tier in Warzone Season 5 was relatively untouched aside from one new addition. On the other hand, the P90 got some good adjustments, including Mid Damage and Minimum Damage buffs. In addition, some of the lower Modern Warfare SMGs got attention in Warzone Season 5.
C-Tier Submachine Guns
- Striker 45
The Fennec and the Striker were two Modern Warfare weapons initially gaining players' attention. However, their buffs weren't large by any stretch, but the multipliers were enough to take them out of the worst tier possible.
D-Tier Submachine Guns
- Nail Gun
- KSP 45
These submachine guns are all really weak and will probably remain in this tier for the rest of the Warzone lifespan. They don't offer much, but they can be fun to mess around with for a challenge or some crazy builds.
So there you have it, our complete tier list for all SMGs at the start of Warzone Season 5 (2022).
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Call of Duty news, guides, updates, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
For more Call of Duty news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or some of our MW2 Guides & Tutorials below:
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations | Check KD Ratio | XP Farm Trick | Chopper Gun Glitch | Weapon Tuning | Change Name Color | Hardcore Tier 1 Mode | Turn Off Crossplay | Steam Deck | Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues- Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug | Gold Camo Not Unlocking | Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |
Best Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts - Best Weapon Tier List | M4 Loadout | PDSW 528 Loadout | TAQ-V Loadout | M4 Loadout | Fennec 45 | No Recoil M4 Loadout | SA-B 50 Loadout | Kastov-74U Loadout |