It's not just about the sunny new Caldera map, we also have dogfights with the new Fighter Jets, over 40 new weapons from Call of Duty: Vanguard, Gulag changes, tweaks to Tactical or Lethal items, and much more.
And while exploring Caldera is fun, it will also be a perilous adventure, as we will still be playing a battle royale game, and the change of scenery doesn't mean less danger all of a sudden.
You need to arm yourself properly and while it might not sound like the best pick, the Automaton assault rifle can actually pose a serious threat to anyone who dares crosses your path on Caldera.
Best Automaton loadout for Caldera
As always, keep in mind that new Vanguard weapons are faithfully replicated from Vanguard, which means that they have 10 attachment slots, and we think that these 10 are making for the best Automaton class setup in Warzone Pacific Season 1.
- Muzzle: Mercury Silencer
- It offers both sound suppression and recoil control at the cost of damage range, but our goal is to have a mid-range build, so the damage range reduction is a tolerable sacrifice.
- Barrel: Empress 620MM Precision
- It brings back some of that lost damage range, but more importantly, it buffs headshot damage to insane levels. It also boosts ADS speed as well as overall accuracy and controllability.
- Optic: Slate Reflector
- It's a very small reflector with barely any magnification, designed for quick shooting at mid-range.
- Stock: ZAC Skeletal
- It will improve your aim walking movement speed and general steadiness, just enough to give you an edge in some of the more crowded areas of Caldera.
- Underbarrel: M1941 Hand Stop
- Huge recoil control improvement and a slight boost to the weapon's accuracy. It will lower hip-fire accuracy, but that will not be a big problem.
- Magazine: 8mm Klauser Rifle 50 Rnd
- It will significantly improve bullet velocity and range, as well as overall damage and penetration, but you will lose some stats in the control and speed departments. Nothing too alarming though, as other attachments will compensate for this loss.
- Ammo Type: Lengthened
- With its massive bonus to bullet velocity, the Lengthened ammo type is essential.
- Rear Grip: Stippled Grip
- The Stippled Grip will help us to recover quicker from recoil as well as to be briefly more accurate upon engaging.
- Perk 1: Tigh Grip
- This one is open to changes according to your preferences and needs.
- Perk 2: Fully Loaded
- You will start the game with maximum reserve ammo, which is always nice not to worry about.
And that's it, the best Automaton loadout for Caldera in Warzone Pacific Season 1!
This Automaton class setup is custom-tailored for mid-range encounters, and it's an ideal primary weapon if you planning to drop on locations like the Airfield, the Fields, or even the Mines.
Just make sure not to be too far away from your targets during shootouts as it will lower the efficacy of this build.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Call of Duty section for news, loadouts, tier lists, leaks and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.