As we wave goodbye to Verdansk, players are jumping into the sunny new Caldera map, engaging in dogfights (thanks to the new Fighter Jets), testing out the 40 new weapons from Call of Duty: Vanguard, Gulag changes and much more. It goes without saying that the Warzone Pacific Season 1 update is mammoth in scale.
Due to the size of the update, many players might not notice gameplay changes to, for example, their favourite Tactical or Lethal item.
While extensive weapon balance changes are coming "soon", developer Raven Software has made several gameplay adjustments with the Warzone Pacific Season 1 update, so let's dive in because knowing is half the battle in Caldera.
Warzone Pacific general gameplay adjustments
If you loved purchasing a UAV from a Buy Station for $4,000, then we've got some bad news for you. In the official patch notes from Raven Software, general gameplay adjustments for Warzone Pacific Season 1 have been outlined, including an increased purchase price of $6,000 for a UAV.
Check out all the general gameplay adjustments for Warzone Pacific Season 1 below.
- The Stopping Power Field Upgrade has been removed from loot.
- The Gulag will now allow the victor to redeploy with the Weapon(s) and equipment that remain at the end of the duel.
- Buy Station - UAVs now cost $6,000, up from $4,000 when available.
- Loadout Drop Markers - These can only be purchased at Buy Stations after the first free
- Loadout Drop Public Event has taken place.
This change only affects Vanguard Royale and Battle Royale.
- Dead Silence - This Field Upgrade will now refresh on the first kill only, with reduced drop rates found in loot.
- Melee and non-Melee Weapons will now require at least three hits to achieve Melee Finisher damage.
Raven Software also noted that they will continue to monitor the strength of the Dead Silence Field Upgrade over the first Warzone Pacific season.
Lethal and Tactical equipment changes
With the Warzone Pacific Season 1 update, most Lethal equipment has become, well, more lethal. The developers also made some interesting changes to Tactical equipment so players have a wider variety of options to choose from while remaining competitive.
Check out the list of changes to both Tactical and Lethal equipment below.
Lethal equipment changes
- Claymore - Damage increased to 200, up from 150.
- Frag Grenade - Damage increased to 112/225, up from 70/140.
- Molotov Cocktail - Damage per tick increased to 21|36|43, up from 15|25|30.
- Molotov Cocktail - Duration increased to ~12.5 seconds, up from ~6.5 seconds.
- Proximity Mine - Damage increased to 225, up from 200.
- Semtex - Damage increased to 74/150, up from 70/140.
- Throwing Knife - Damage increased to 250, up from 200, on hits to Upper Torso and Headshots.
Tactical equipment changes
- Decoy Grenade - Will now fire rubber bullets with a chance to hit nearby enemies dealing 1 point of damage.
- Heartbeat Sensor - Pulse time increased to 6 seconds, up from 3 seconds.
- Snapshot Grenade - Detection radius increased to 28 meters, up from 14 meters.
- Stim - Will additionally apply a 3-second boost that increases movement, slide, and sprint speed.
- Stun Grenade - Stun duration decreased to 2.5/4.5 seconds, down from 4.7/5.5 seconds.
The developer explains why they made these changes to Tactical equipment in the Warzone Pacific Season 1 update: "With these changes, our goal is to provide Players with a range of viable Tactical Equipment to choose from, rather than feeling disadvantaged for exploring outside of the commonly accepted choices - notably Stuns, Heartbeat Sensor, and Flash Grenades."
So there you have it, all the gameplay changes in Warzone Pacific Season 1, from Tacticals to Lethals, Buy Station price adjustments and even some tinkering with Field Upgrades.
Don't forget to check out our dedicated Call of Duty section for news, loadouts, tier lists, leaks and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Activision.
For more Call of Duty news, be sure to check out our dedicated section or some of our MW2 Guides & Tutorials below:
Modern Warfare 2 Guides - Jack Links Skin | Unlock All Operators | Check Server Status | Get Twitch Drops | Post-Credit Scene Explained | Unlock Gold Camo | Get Burger Town Operator | MGB Nuke | Unlock Every Weapon | All Killstreaks| Safe Code Locations | Check KD Ratio | XP Farm Trick | Chopper Gun Glitch | Weapon Tuning | Change Name Color | Hardcore Tier 1 Mode | Turn Off Crossplay | Steam Deck | Raid: Atomgrad | How To Play "Support A Team" | Unlock Orion Camo | Aim Assist Settings |
Modern Warfare 2 Fixes & Issues- Best NVIDIA GeForce Drivers | Dev Error 6036 | MW2 Missing Items | Unlimited Tactical Sprint Bug | Stuck On Installing Bug | Display Name Not Allowed Bug | Gold Camo Not Unlocking | Voice Chat Not Working| Display FPS Counter |
Best Modern Warfare 2 Loadouts - Best Weapon Tier List | M4 Loadout | PDSW 528 Loadout | TAQ-V Loadout | M4 Loadout | Fennec 45 | No Recoil M4 Loadout | SA-B 50 Loadout | Kastov-74U Loadout |