Nephalem has been fighting the hordes of the Burning Hells in Diablo 2 Resurrected ever since its launch in April 2021. With over a year of improvements behind the game and the long wait for Ladder behind us, Blizzard continues to improve the iconic ARPG with the Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 update.
In this article, we outline the complete patch notes for the Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 update, featuring lobby changes, gameplay improvements, bug fixes, and more, so let's get started.
When does Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 release?
Before we get all the tasty improvements, fixes, and changes in the Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 update, you probably need to know when it releases.
- World First Diablo 2 Resurrected holy grail challenge completed
- Diablo 2 Resurrected character deleted and progress gone - how to bring back
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Black Screen freezes - solution how to fix
- Diablo 2 Resurrected best Assassin build - beginners guide
The Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 update is scheduled to release on Wednesday, 29th June 2022. We suspect the timing to be around 11:00 UTC but there has been no official confirmation at the time of writing.
Diablo Resurrected backend improvements/game list
Via the official patch notes, Blizzard explains the backend improvements, lobby updates for PC and consoles, and much more. Below the image, you will find the official patch notes.
"One common issue among players is that their Game List did not populate with enough games, even when they felt it should have. When you create a game in D2R, it gets hosted on one of many game sites in your region.
Prior to ladder's launch, the Game List would only populate with games from just one single game site in your region - whichever you had the best connection to. This was done to preserve a high-quality gameplay experience in any game you may join through the lobby, but we found our criteria to be overly aggressive. When ladder launched, we expanded this to provide players games from up to three game sites.
This helped players see more games in their Game List without a cost to connection quality, but players still weren't seeing enough games. We've decided to broaden it even further in Patch 2.4.3. Now, any number of game sites in your region that you have a strong enough connection to can contribute to the results in your Game List.
To provide even more options for those looking to join a game, we've also doubled the maximum number of games that can appear in the Game List at a given time from 20 to 40.
Plus, we've fine-tuned game details to refresh in almost real time. You still must manually refresh your Game List, which is something we decided to keep so the Game List would not shift while players select a game. These improvements have been applied to both the console and PC lobby experiences."
Diablo 2 Resurrected Console Lobby Updates
Following the successful launch of Ladder Season One, the team has turned their focus to features that required the most attention. Console Party Finder was the top item on our list by a large margin.
Patch 2.4.3. brings multiple improvements to the console multiplayer experience, providing new and improved ways to create and find games by replacing Party Finder with Game Creator and Game List.
Selecting the “Play” button on the main menu with your selected online hero will now present three options for online play:
- Private: Enter a private game that will not populate to the Game List. The only way for others to join your game is through the Friends List or by being invited.
- Game Creator: Create a public game that will populate on the games list.
- Game List: View the games list, use the search feature, or join a public game.
Get more detailed descriptions about the console lobby updates in the Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 patch notes.
Diablo 2 Resurrected PC Lobby Updates
"We want Multiplayer lobbies to be the bridge to many hours of slaying demons, collecting loot, and memorable moments with friends. Unfortunately, many players have experienced difficulties in finding specific types of games they would like to join. To solve this, we added a search functionality in the lobby—specific keywords or game names can now be typed in to return a list of games based on that search term.
With Patch 2.4.3., the Game List will now display each game’s connection quality in a tooltip that pops up when you hover your mouse over a specific game. Games will populate into the Game List based on their connection quality, offering you expanded knowledge when deciding which game to join.
We cannot stress enough how appreciated and crucial your feedback is. We’re always looking for opportunities to iterate or reshape aspects of Diablo II: Resurrected so your trip to Sanctuary continues to be memorable."
Diablo 2 Resurrected gameplay quality of life improvements
- Players can now start a new Whirlwind, Leap, or Leap Attack immediately after a Whirlwind ends.
- Changed the logic for determining how often Whirlwind attacks occur. Whirlwind now incorporates Increased Attack Speed (IAS) from all equipment. The frames between each Whirlwind attack are equal to the attack frame of a basic attack for that character (modified by increased attack speed). While dual wielding, the attack frame for each weapon will be averaged (rounding up). Overall, Whirlwind attacks should be at least as fast as they were before. Slower weapons will attack notably faster.
- Added a new "Loot to Cube" skill for controllers in the general skills menu. Using this skill on an item will pick it up and place it in your Horadric Cube, if there is space.
- Added a bindable hotkey for mouse and keyboard to directly open the Horadric Cube if it is in your inventory.
- Added a new button shortcut to open the Horadric Cube from the inventory menu.
- Players can now bulk assign stat points using a controller.
- A confirmation prompt will now appear when bulk assigning all remaining stat points on both PC and console. This option is unavailable while using legacy graphics.
- Added an Automap Auto Open setting to allow players to set their preferred Automap position.
- You can now double click on a game to join it in the PC lobby.
- Players on Switch can now join a friend's game via the in-game Friends List.
- Game List size has been doubled from 20 to 40.
- Game list details in both the details panel and in the Game List now load faster upon selecting a game.
- Friends playing D2R are now sorted to the top of the Friends List.
- Console players now have an option in the options menu to toggle Game Name visibility.
Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 patch notes - All bug fixes
Alongside all the improvements and changes come dozens of bug fixes as Blizzard continues to improve Diablo 2 Resurrected. Check out the complete list of D2R patch 2.4.3 below.
- Fixed an issue where Deckard Cain was not able to identify items in the Horadric Cube. Now he will do so when the Cube is in your main inventory.
- Fixed an issue where short-distance whirlwinds could end without executing a single attack.
- Fixed an issue where Whirlwind would still apply properties and damage from a broken weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the first attack of Whirlwind was treated different from the rest. When dual wielding, the first attack will choose two targets, just like all the other attacks.
- Fixed an issue where resurrect costs were inconsistent for high-level mercenaries.
- Fixed an issue where corpse skills were not auto-targeting corpses when using just right click.
- Fixed an issue where you couldn't select and join lobby games on PC with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where players could impersonate developers by mimicking the chat font color used to display system messages.
- Fixed an issue where lobby figurines would disappear while whispering.
- Fixed an issue that would rarely prevent players from joining a private game.
- Fixed an issue in Hardcore where both players had to mutually flag each other to be able to loot a corpse, even if the dead player had the other player flagged.
- Fixed an issue where ladder rankings with six or more digits would begin to overlap the character name.
- Fixed an issue that would sometimes cause the most recently played characters to not sort to the top of the list.
- Fixed an issue where an off-hand flail could fail to animate on the front end.
- Fixed miscellaneous localization bugs.
Stability and Performance:
- Fixed a performance issue that could occur when spamming refresh at a vendor for an extended period.
- Miscellaneous crash and stability fixes.
So there you have it, the complete patch notes for the huge Diablo 2 Resurrected 2.4.3 update. Clearly, Blizzard continues to improve the game.
For more on the game and the iconic ARPG franchise, check out our section dedicated to Diablo guides, news, leaks, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.
Check out our video below, discussing Diablo Immortal's story and how the game fits into the franchise's timeline.
For more news on the game and the iconic ARPG franchise, check out our sections dedicated to Diablo 3, Diablo Immortal, and Diablo 4. Get the latest guides & tutorials for your favorite Diablo title below.
Diablo Immortal Guides - Character Server Transfer | Next Hungering Moon | Hell Difficulty Levels | Combat Rating (CR) | Recruit A Friend | Redeem Codes | Next Season | Fractured Plane Event | Vote Kick Feature | Next Helliquary Boss | XP Bug Fix | Class Change | Max Level Cost | Lost Pages | Legacy of the Horadrim | Player vs. Player (PVP) | Set Items | Resonance | Potency | Level Progression | Trading | Crusader Build | Barbarian Build | Monk Build | Necromancer Build | Marketplace | Zone Events
Diablo 2 Resurrected Guides - Ladder Reset | Magic Find Bonus Event | Holy Grail Challenge | Underground Passage Location | Character Deleted Fix | Black Screen Freezes Fix | Unable To Start Fix | Best Assassin Build | Best Barbarian Build | Best Amazon Build | Secret Cow Level | Runewords | Attacks Missing | Horadric Cube | Cairn Stones | Reset Skills & Stats |