Some Diablo fans are very disappointed with Diablo Immortal due to microtransactions. This issue is pushing many gamers back to Diablo 3, the old, faithful ARPG that simply never dies. The game has, of course, been getting constant updates, and Diablo 3's Season 27 might just be one of the best yet. Therefore, players will want to join the Diablo 3 Season 27 Public Test Realm (PTR).
To check out all the new content and test features arriving with Diablo 3 Season 27 (patch 2.7.4), you will need to join the PTR for the update, and maybe copy one of your characters over. Hold onto your axes, Nephalem, as this guide has you covered.
How to join Diablo 3 Season 27 PTR (patch 2.7.4)
The Diablo 3 Season 27 PTR is now live and runs until 28th July 2022, and Blizzard is "asking for your help in quelling the tides of surging demons."
- Diablo Immortal Hungering Moon Event - Dates, Times And Rewards
- Diablo Immortal S2 Bloodsworn Battle Pass - Prices And Content
- New Diablo Immortal Asia Pacific Servers List
- Diablo 2 Resurrected Barbarian Buffs Sneaked in 2.4.3 Update
For those who have not joined a Diablo 3 PTR before, check out the official instructions below to start testing out Season 27 content (on PC) without delay.
- Step 1: Restart the Battle.net desktop app.
- Step 2: Navigate to the Diablo III tab on the left-hand menu.
- Step 3: On the Diablo III screen, there is a drop-down menu right above the "Play" button (note that this may say "Install" if you do not have Diablo III currently installed). Select "PTR: Diablo III" from this drop-down menu before proceeding.
- Step 4: Click Install to begin the installation process.
Your PTR account will be created automatically if you do not already have one. Players must have a Diablo III game license attached to a Battle.net account in good standing.
Keep in mind that there might be periodic maintenance, outages, hotfixes, or minor patches during the Diablo 3 Season 27 PTR period.
Diablo 3 S27 PTR character copy guide
To experience the new content, you will want to copy a Diablo 3 character from your live account over to the Season 27 PTR. Only one region per account can be copied at a time, and there's a cooldown period of one day, so choose wisely.
Follow the official steps below to copy a Diablo 3 character to the Season 27 PTR.
- Step 1: Log into the live game and then log out.
- Step 2: Log into PTR client and create a level 1 character. After you're done, return to the main character screen.
- Step 3: Click on the "PTR Copy" button located in the upper right-hand corner. (The PTR Copy button will not appear in-game until you have created a new level 1 character.)
- Step 4: Select your region.
- Step 5: Click "Copy." This will copy all characters on your account from the selected region.
- Step 6: You will be disconnected from the PTR client.
- Step 7: Log back in. Your copied characters will be available for play.
For those who've never joined a Public Test Realm for Diablo 3 before, it is important to note that if you copy characters from a different region, previous PTR characters will be lost. You can also only copy a Diablo 3 character to the PTR every 24 hours.
Check out our video below discussing where Diablo Immortal fits into the timeline of the franchise, discussing everything you need to know about the game's story and the world of Sanctuary while you wait for Season 27 of Diablo 3 to drop.
So there you have it, step-by-step guides to joining the Diablo 3 Season 27 PTR and copying your favorite character over. Remember, the progression of the PTR does not carry over to the live version.
For more on the game and the iconic ARPG franchise, check out our section dedicated to Diablo guides, news, leaks, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.