The latest free-to-play multiplayer online ARPG, Diablo Immortal, from Blizzard Entertainment, brings the world of Sanctuary to life on PC and mobile devices across the globe. As is tradition with most massive online games, you might run into some Diablo Immortal connection issues.
In this guide, we outline step-by-step instructions on how to fix connection issues in Diablo Immortal for those who are unable to connect to the game's servers on PC, Android or iOS devices thanks to an error.
How to fix Diablo Immortal connection issues/errors
If you are running into any Diablo Immortal connection issues or errors, you've come to the right place, as we might just have a fix for prospective Nephalem to try.
- Best Diablo Immortal classes for Beginners
- Diablo Immortal Gambling - How To Unlock, Gold Cost, Rewards, NPC Location
- Diablo Immortal Demon Hunter Class Guide - Best Build, Skills, Paragon Tree, and more
- Diablo Immortal World Map - All Regions and Areas
Before you start with the steps to fix this error, however, we suggest first checking the Diablo Immortal server status to find out if all services are operational.
There is simply no need to go all IT Crowd on your PC or phone/tablet if the servers are currently down for maintenance.
If the Diablo Immortal servers are online and you are still running into connection issues/errors, the official Blizzard Support page for Diablo Immortal has steps you can follow, as outlined below.
- Make sure the app is up to date.
- Try swapping from wireless to your network data connection, or vice versa.
- Restart your device and try again.
- Ensure that your device meets the minimum requirements to run Diablo Immortal.
- If you are on an Android device, access your app storage in device settings and clear the Diablo Immortal app cache/data.
- If the problem persists, uninstall and reinstall the game.
For those playing on PC, we suggest connecting to your router via a LAN cable instead of Wi-Fi, as this can also generally help with latency or connection issues for any game, not just Diablo Immortal.
To elaborate on the steps to fix Diablo Immortal connection issues a bit, you can follow the steps below to clear the cache on your Android device:
- Navigate to the Diablo Immortal app settings, press Clear Cache then relaunch the app. If the problem remains, move to step 2.
- Navigate to the Diablo Immortal app settings, press Clear Data then relaunch the app.
This process will restore the Diablo Immortal app to its default state. It is important to note that players will not lose any progress made in the game, as this is stored on Battle.net servers.
If all else fails and you are still running into Diablo Immortal connection issues we suggest contacting Blizzard's support service.
So there you have it, a guide to fixing Diablo Immortal connection issues on PC, Android and iOS devices. Keep in mind that you should always have a look at the game's server status before going all IT Crowd on your mobile device, PC or router.
Check out our video below discussing where Diablo Immortal fits into the timeline of the franchise, discussing everything you need to know about the game's story and world.
For more on the game and the iconic ARPG franchise, check out our section dedicated to Diablo Immortal guides, news, leaks, and much more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.