With the global release of Diablo Immortal scheduled for 2nd June 2022, publisher Blizzard Entertainment has given veteran and beginner players insight into many of the game’s features and mechanics. One of the game’s most significant features that all players will face in the early hours is character customisation and class selection.
Character class selection is the cornerstone of multiple RPG and MMO games, and Diablo Immortal is no different. We look at what classes players can choose from and which is the best for beginners in Diablo Immortal.
How many classes are available in Diablo Immortal?
Blizzard is bringing the Diablo gameplay and experience to mobile with their latest offering, Diablo Immortal. Veteran players will be happy to see familiar character classes such as Monk, Barbarian, and Necromancer featuring in the game, with plenty of other classes to try their hand at.
While there isn’t much indication if Blizzard plans to add more classes post-launch, it may be possible that there will be more classes to come. Ahead of its global launch, these are the confirmed character classes that are available in Diablo Immortal:
- Barbarian: an explosive melee character that can withstand plenty of damage and deal massive amounts of damage with its axe
- Monk: a melee character that uses holy attacks against enemies with adequate damage output and weak armour
- Necromancer: a ranged character that can summon undead soldiers to fight alongside them while dealing ranged attacks
- Crusader: much like the Monk using holy attacks, this character has strong armour and a durable shield
- Wizard: using magic and incantations, the Wizard can inflict ice and fire damage onto their enemies
- Demon Hunter: wielding dual weapons to inflict AoE damage to crowds and maximise their damage output in larger areas.
It’s worth mentioning that players can change their classes when visiting Westmarch if it doesn’t fit their playstyle or wish to explore other character classes. You will keep your game progress, items, and weapons previously acquired, plus gain new gear and weapons with the new class.
What are the best beginner’s classes in Diablo Immortal?
The million-dollar question players wonder when starting in Diablo Immortal or playing their first Diablo game. While veteran players will know which class or playstyle they’re going for, beginners will want to choose a class that gives them the best gameplay experience without the difficulty.
- Diablo Immortal Server List - All Regions And Languages
- Diablo Immortal Controllers Supported - PC, iOS, Android, Bluetooth
- Diablo Immortal to ship with controller, chat, and graphic accessibility features
- Install Diablo Immortal On Android And iOS - Patch And File Size
Reading the brief descriptions alone, the Demon Hunter and Wizard classes will have relatively low health, making it harder to progress as they’ll die frequently. The Monk will have more health than the Wizard, but their damage output isn’t as high.
Holy Magic 🤝 Heavy Armor— Diablo Immortal (@DiabloImmortal) May 27, 2022
The Crusader pic.twitter.com/WYzOvLCrcR
The Necromancer can be a good class to start with due to their ability to summon undead soldiers that can support them by taking and dealing damage. But to fully utilise this class and their abilities will require some time and patience, which may frustrate them.
We recommend the Barbarian and Crusader classes as they come with moderate to high health, good armour, and excellent mobility. Combined with their explosive attacks, they can take plenty of damage, allowing their teammates to heal while waiting for their cooldown.
Their weapons and abilities are easier to learn and understand, making these classes the preferred ones to choose for beginners. Additionally, these classes translate well in PvP and PvE as both Barbarian and crusader can form really good teams.
We want to thank the YouTube channel Scrappy Academy for its complete guide to which classes are best for beginners in Diablo Immortal. Please consider subscribing to their channel for more content.
Check out our video below discussing where Diablo Immortal fits into the timeline of the franchise, discussing everything you need to know about the game's story and world.
For more fantastic game content, check out our section dedicated to Diablo news, updates, guides, features, and more.
Featured image courtesy of Blizzard Entertainment.