In the upcoming GTA San Andreas Mercenaries update coming out on 13th June 2023, a long-awaited feature is coming: players will be able to switch up their sprint controls. Rockstar announced the upcoming feature in a blog post detailing all of the changes coming in the San Andreas Mercenaries update, many of which have been requested by players for a long time. Along with the ability to change sprint controls, other fixes and quality-of-life changes are coming too, such as nerfs to the Orbital Cannon. In this guide, we'll walk you through how to change your sprint controls in GTA Online now that you're able to toggle this feature to your liking.
Table of Contents
How Does Sprint Work In GTA Online Currently
In GTA Online, players have to continuously tap the sprint button on their controller. However, with the introduction of the "hold to sprint" control option, players can now sprint by simply holding down the button. This is a welcome change as it eliminates the need for repetitive tapping which can cause discomfort for players who use this control frequently. Whilst this might go down as a quality-of-life feature, there's no doubt that this is also a fantastic accessibility feature for certain players who might have otherwise been unable to play the game before.
How To Change Sprint Controls In GTA Online
Update - Here's where you need to go in the menu to change your Sprint Controls:
Pause Menu > Settings > Controls > Sprint Mode > Hold To Sprint (To Activate Hold To Sprint)
To change your sprint controls, you'll need to update your settings and find the 'sprint controls' toggle. While the default sprint control is mashing a button to run, you can switch it out to use a different control to sprint. You'll have to hold a button down instead of mashing one.
This will make it a lot easier for players to sprint without having to mash one button repeatedly.
The GTA San Andreas Mercenaries update hasn't gone live yet, so the specific steps to change your sprint controls might change. When the update goes live, we'll be sure to update this article with the most specific steps to change your running controls in GTA Online as well as screenshots to show you how it's done.
Daily GTA Online Guides
- Shipwreck Location Today
- Street Dealer Location Today
- Gun Van Location Today
- Exotic Exports Car List
Weekly GTA Online Guides
- GTA Online Weekly Update
- Prize Ride This Week
- Podium Car This Week
- Is the Panther Statue Available This Week
Monthly GTA Online Guides
- NEW - Ghost Hunt Event Leaks & Rewards Coming In 2023
- Where To Find All 200 Jack O' Lanterns In GTA Online
- All UFO Locations In GTA Online
- How To Find The Halloween Phantom Car 'Christine'
- How To Start The Clone Slasher Halloween Event
- How To Start The Slashers Halloween Event
- How To Get Sasquatch Outfit In GTA Online
- Cerberus Halloween Event Explained
- Imani Tech Vehicles List
- How To Get Oppressor MK II Trade Price In GTA Online
- GTA Online Removed Vehicles List
- How To Buy Removed Vehicles In GTA Online
- All GTA Online Trade Prices & Unlock Requirements In 2023
Best Property Locations & Payouts
- Best Agency Location To Buy
- Best Arcade Location To Buy
- Best Auto Shop Location To Buy
- Best Bunker Location To Buy
- Best Facility Location To Buy
- Best Hanger Location To Buy
- Best MC Clubhouse Location To Buy
- Best Nightclub Location To Buy
- Best Office Location To Buy
Best Business Locations & Payouts