If you are planning to load on GTA Online during the Judgement Day Halloween event, you might get an error on your way there. The Files errors read out like this:
"Files required to play GTA Online could not be downloaded from the Rockstar Game Service. Please return to Grand Theft Auto V and try again later."
Now, is this error a big issue? Is there a way to fix it? We go over a couple of ways you can get around this error so you can play GTA Online.
What Is The Files Required To Play Error?
First and foremost is that this error is actually not a big deal. It is just an issue with the game connecting to the Rockstar Game Service. But it can be annoying for sure.
A quick note is that there is no official way to fix this error. The main reason is that this is mostly because there are two reasons why this error appears. It is either because Rockstar is doing maintenance on their servers, or something on your end is messed up.
How Do I Fix The Files Required To Play Error On GTA Online?
Fixing this error is not too difficult thankfully. If it is because of server maintenance, you will just have to wait until the maintenance is over before you can get online. You can check the server status through Rockstar to see if they are down.
If it is not due to the server being down, then it might be on your end. The classic check your internet is a good start. Try to see if you can connect to another internet source as well to fix the problem. If that works, your internet might just be having issues.
If you are a PC player, your firewall could be blocking GTA Online. Check your firewall settings to see if that is the case. If it is, make sure to unblock it.
Another solution for console players is to change the DNS settings. The process is different for each console, but it is possible to choose a specific DNS setting for console players. For your primary DNS, set it to 126.96.36.199 and for your secondary, set it to 188.8.131.52.
Daily GTA Online Guides
- Shipwreck Location Today
- Street Dealer Location Today
- Gun Van Location Today
- Exotic Exports Car List
Weekly GTA Online Guides
- GTA Online Weekly Update
- Prize Ride This Week
- Podium Car This Week
- Is the Panther Statue Available This Week
Monthly GTA Online Guides
- NEW - Ghost Hunt Event Leaks & Rewards Coming In 2023
- Where To Find All 200 Jack O' Lanterns In GTA Online
- All UFO Locations In GTA Online
- How To Find The Halloween Phantom Car 'Christine'
- How To Start The Clone Slasher Halloween Event
- How To Start The Slashers Halloween Event
- How To Get Sasquatch Outfit In GTA Online
- Cerberus Halloween Event Explained
- Imani Tech Vehicles List
- How To Get Oppressor MK II Trade Price In GTA Online
- GTA Online Removed Vehicles List
- How To Buy Removed Vehicles In GTA Online
- All GTA Online Trade Prices & Unlock Requirements In 2023
Best Property Locations & Payouts
- Best Agency Location To Buy
- Best Arcade Location To Buy
- Best Auto Shop Location To Buy
- Best Bunker Location To Buy
- Best Facility Location To Buy
- Best Hanger Location To Buy
- Best MC Clubhouse Location To Buy
- Best Nightclub Location To Buy
- Best Office Location To Buy
Best Business Locations & Payouts