GTA Online might be one of the most popular online games out there, but that does not mean it does not come with its set of problems. After all, there is a reason why people try to get into solo lobbies in the game.
That is because griefers are very abundant in the game. Griefers are the people who will just kill you randomly in GTA Online. If you are in the middle of a job as CEO or any other mission that you do not want to be interrupted, then we have the solution for you.
How To Activate Passive Mode In GTA Online?
Activating passive mode is the perfect solution for you to get away from griefers. Although Rockstar has nerfed a few griefer vehicles in the Criminal Enterprises update, it could still not be enough for you to get away from them.
That is why you should give passive mode a try. To activate passive mode is simple and we've outlined the steps you need to follow just below.
Once you die for the first time in GTA Online, you will receive a message about the game's passive mode. All you need to do to activate is turn on your interaction menu. From there, scroll down until you see Enable Passive Mode. Select it, and passive mode is now active. You can disable it by following the same steps.
What Does Passive Mode Do In GTA Online?
The simple explanation of passive mode is that other players cannot harm you. You will appear semi-transparent to other players in your lobby and any bullets, projectiles, and anything else they would throw at you to harm you will pass right through you.
This is also true for any vehicle you enter into. The passive mode also prevents lock-on systems from targeting you and even if they manage to land the rocket shot at you, it will pass through you.
Players who use passive mode should know that as soon as they attack another player, they will be kicked out of passive mode. Players who use passive mode will also be on a small cooldown after they leave passive mode. This is to prevent players from abusing passive mode as a pseudo-god mode. Entering an armed vehicle also deactivates passive mode.
GTA Online Passive Mode Cooldowns Explained
Within GTA Online there are a variety of cooldowns when it comes to passive mode.
For starters, killing any player will cause Passive Mode to become unusable for the next 2 minutes.
Furthermore, a 5-minute cooldown is applied if a player manually deactivates Passive Mode. 5 minutes have passed you will be able to re-enter passive mode.
Daily GTA Online Guides
- Shipwreck Location Today
- Street Dealer Location Today
- Gun Van Location Today
- Exotic Exports Car List
Weekly GTA Online Guides
- GTA Online Weekly Update
- Prize Ride This Week
- Podium Car This Week
- Is the Panther Statue Available This Week
Monthly GTA Online Guides
- NEW - Ghost Hunt Event Leaks & Rewards Coming In 2023
- Where To Find All 200 Jack O' Lanterns In GTA Online
- All UFO Locations In GTA Online
- How To Find The Halloween Phantom Car 'Christine'
- How To Start The Clone Slasher Halloween Event
- How To Start The Slashers Halloween Event
- How To Get Sasquatch Outfit In GTA Online
- Cerberus Halloween Event Explained
- Imani Tech Vehicles List
- How To Get Oppressor MK II Trade Price In GTA Online
- GTA Online Removed Vehicles List
- How To Buy Removed Vehicles In GTA Online
- All GTA Online Trade Prices & Unlock Requirements In 2023
Best Property Locations & Payouts
- Best Agency Location To Buy
- Best Arcade Location To Buy
- Best Auto Shop Location To Buy
- Best Bunker Location To Buy
- Best Facility Location To Buy
- Best Hanger Location To Buy
- Best MC Clubhouse Location To Buy
- Best Nightclub Location To Buy
- Best Office Location To Buy
Best Business Locations & Payouts