I bet you've been Googling for the ultimate guide on how to beat the Alcarnus Stronghold in Diablo 4. Did I guess right? I figured as much. Well, you'll be happy to know that this guide covers everything you need to know to clear the Alcarnus Stronghold. In fact, we'll do one better and explain how to find it and the rewards you will get for conquering it.
Strongholds are heavily fortified in Diablo 4's massive open world, making them a great source of Renown. However, Strongholds are freaking tough to beat! As such, it's only reasonable to expect players (like yourself) to seek out guides like this! And that's totally okay. So, with that said, let's dive into the nitty-gritty details of how to beat Alcarnus Stronghold in Diablo 4.
Updated on 23 June 2023: This page is a stub. What does that mean? Basically, it's still a work in progress. We knew you couldn't wait for this guide, so we thought it only fitting to provide you with everything we know right now. Noted, we'll update this page with more details soon!
Table of Contents
Diablo 4: Alcarnus Stronghold Location
You can find the Alcarnus Stronghold in Diablo 4 within the heart of the Kehjistan region, southwest of the Seared Basin. Its exact location is marked in the screenshot above. You can reach the Stronghold via the Tarsarak Waypoint in the adjacent Scouring Sands area.
Diablo 4: How To Conquer Alcarnus Stronghold
Upon entering the Alcarnus Stronghold in Diablo 4, your attention will be drawn to a group of formidable foes known as Necrotic Masses. However, attempting to damage them at this point will prove futile. To progress further, head north, and you will soon find yourself in the Lair of the Witch, where you'll encounter a Necromancer named Rashta.
It would be best to prepare for a confrontation, as the Necromancer will engage you. This is your opportunity to retaliate and inflict damage. Rest assured, this encounter is relatively easy. Once you've dealt enough damage, Rashta will escape using the Necrotic Mass, leaving you to face the challenges alone.
Your next objective is to locate and destroy the three Necrotic Masses. As you initiate an attack on one of them, a wave of enemies, including a Simulacrum, will swarm you from all directions. Given the overwhelming numbers, it's advisable to employ area-of-effect (AOE) and crowd control (CC) attacks to dispatch the adversaries swiftly. Repeat this process for the remaining two Masses before returning to the Lair.
Diablo 4: How To Beat Rashta Reborn In Alcarnus Stronghold
Upon your return, you'll encounter Rashta once again in the Alcarnus Stronghold, but this time transformed as "Rashta Reborn," armed with a whole new array of tricks up her sleeve. The new and powerful boss has a ton of different attacks that can kill you instantly if you don't pay attention. The best way to beat her is to remain highly mobile and use CC attacks to slay the minions and keep the area clear.
Rashta's ranged attacks include a bunch of deadly projectiles that she throws in waves. As mentioned, it's best to keep moving and dodging to avoid these attacks. Like other bosses in Diablo 4, Rashta also has the star pattern attack, which you can avoid by standing in the correct positions. Occasionally, she will absorb blood from the surroundings and shoot a burst of projectiles toward you. Again, continue to move around so that you don't get hit.
At some point, Rashta will become invulnerable and summon multiple Simulacra. Use all your AOE and CC skills to clear the crowd and wait for Rashta to become vulnerable again. Eventually, you can beat Rashta using the right combination of AOE attacks and perfectly-timed dodges.
Diablo 4: Alcarnus Stronghold Rewards
Like every Stronghold, clearing the Alcarnus Stronghold will get you 100 Renown points. Aside from this, you will also get a huge chunk of XP and gold. Further, some enemies, including the Rashta Reborn boss, will also drop a bunch of rare items and Legendary items (if you are lucky).
And there you have it -- a comprehensive look at the Alcarnus Stronghold in the Kehjistan region of Diablo 4. Be sure to clear this Stronghold as soon as possible for its Renown, gold, experience, and items, allowing you to progress further into Sanctuary.
Diablo 4 Alcarnus Stronghold: How To Beat, Location & Rewards FAQ
Where is the Alcarnus Stronghold located in Diablo 4?
The Alcarnus Stronghold is situated in the heart of the Kehjistan region, southwest of the Seared Basin.
How do I conquer the Alcarnus Stronghold in Diablo 4?
Enter the Stronghold and head north to the Lair of the Witch. Engage and defeat the Necromancer Rashta, then locate and destroy the three Necrotic Masses. Return to the Lair and beat Rashta Reborn.
What rewards can I expect from clearing the Alcarnus Stronghold in Diablo 4?
Clearing the Stronghold grants 100 Renown, a significant amount of experience points and gold. Additionally, you have a chance to obtain rare items and even Legendary items as drops from enemies, including the Rashta Reborn boss.
- All Diablo 4 Vampiric Powers, Effects & Pact Requirements
- Diablo 4 Pact Armor: How To Get, Pact Types & More
- Diablo 4 Grigoire Boss: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Echo of Varshan: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards in S2
- Diablo 4 The Beast in the Ice: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Lord Zir Boss: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Echo of Duriel: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Blood Harvest Events: Locations, Activities & Rewards
- Diablo 4 New Unique Items: Effect, Stats & Class
- Diablo 4 New Paragon Glyphs: Effects, Bonuses & Stats
- Diablo 4 Seasonal Stash Items: Transfers & New Withdraw Tab
- Diablo 4 Hunter's Acclaim: Reward Tiers and Reputation
- Diablo 4 Steam Release Time & Date Countdown
- Diablo 4 Season 2 Nightmare Dungeons Rotation
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 2 Start?
- How To Prepare For Diablo 4 Season 2 Five Essential Tips
- Best Diablo 4 Barbarian Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Arsenal, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Necromancer Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Sorcerer Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Druid Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Rogue Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Specialization, Legendary Aspects
- Diablo 4 Class Tier List: Best Solo Builds
- Best Diablo 4 Build Calculator: Skill Tree For All Classes & More
- Best Diablo 4 Paragon Board Planner
- Best Diablo 4 Class & Build For Beginners
- Best Upheaval Barbarian Build in Diablo 4
- Best Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
- Best Fire Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
- Does Diablo 4 Have Ray Tracing on PC or Consoles? Answered
- Diablo 4 Couch Co-Op Explained: Requirements, Bonus XP & More
- Diablo 4 Server Regions: Is D4 Region-Locked?
- Diablo 4 PC Specs: Minimum, Recommended & File Size
- Diablo 4 Servers Down? How To Check Status
- Diablo 4 Connection Issues: Disconnections & High Latency Fix
- Diablo 4 Crashes or Freezes: How To Fix
- Unable To Install Diablo 4 Error Fix & Patching
- Diablo 4 Low FPS Performance Issues Fix
- Diablo 4 Error Code 34202 Fix: Game Servers Are Not Available
- How To Turn Off Fog & Glare In Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Stuck in Queue: Login Issues Fix
- All Diablo 4 Known Issues On Consoles
- All Diablo 4 PC Known Issues & Fixes
- How To Enable & Disable Chat In Diablo 4
- Best PC Settings For Diablo 4: How To Get Max FPS & Performance
- Diablo 4 Error Code 395002 Fix: Account Locked
- Diablo 4 Error Code 316719 Fix: Cannot Access Game
- Can You Play Diablo 4 On Steam Deck?
- Does Diablo 4 Have An Offline Mode? - Answered
- Diablo 4 Gets DLSS 3 & NVIDIA Reflex Support
- Diablo 4 on ASUS ROG Ally: Performance & Compatibility
- Diablo 4 Fractured Peaks Guide: Map, Dungeons, Strongholds & More
- Diablo 4: All Waypoint Locations & Rewards For Fast Travel
- Diablo 4 Full World Map Size & All Zone Maps
- Diablo 4 Chests in Fractured Peaks: Spawn Locations & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Cellar Locations in Fractured Peaks & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith: Locations, Stat Increases & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Hawezar Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Dry Steppes Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Kehjistan Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Fractured Peaks Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Scosglen Locations
- Diablo 4 Healing Vial (Potions): Levels, Upgrade Costs & Effects
- All Item Slot Types in Diablo 4's Inventory
- Diablo 4 Transmogs Explained: How To Change Your Wardrobe
- Diablo 4 Salvage Items: All Materials For Upgrades & Crafting
- Diablo 4 Item Durability & How To Repair
- Diablo 4 Trading Guide: How To, Item Restrictions, Currencies & More
- Diablo 4 Uniques: All Unique Items & Stats
- Diablo 4 Unique items for all classes: Powers and Stats
- Will Diablo 4 Have Set Items? Release Date Speculation
- Diablo 4 Item Quality (Rarity): Unique, Legendary, Rare & More
- All Diablo 4 Elixirs Types: Materials, Buffs, How To Craft & More
- Get The Butcher's Cleaver Unique Item in Diablo 4
- How To Get Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy
- Diablo 4 Incense: All Types, Materials & Effects
- Diablo 4 Ancestral Legendary Item Drops: How To Unlock
- Diablo 4 Sacred Legendary Item Drops: How To Unlock
- Diablo 4 Barbarian Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Necromancer Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Sorcerer Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Druid Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Rogue Challenges: How To Complete & Title Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Crafting Challenges & Title Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Hardcore Challenges & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Monster Kill Challenges, Types & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Dungeon Challenges & Title Rewards
- Diablo 4 Codex Of Power & Legendary Aspects Explained
- All Diablo 4 Sorcerer Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Legendary Aspects & Powers For Barbarians
- All Diablo 4 Rogue Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Necromancer Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Druid Legendary Aspects & Powers
- Strongholds in Diablo 4 & Rewards Explained
- Where To Find All Stronghold Locations In Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Kor Dragan Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Malnok Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Nostrava Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold: How To Clear, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Tur Dulra Stronghold: How To Clear, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Ruins of Qara-Yiso Stronghold: How To Beat, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Ashava Spawn Times, Location, and How To Beat Easily
- Diablo 4 Wandering Death World Boss: How To Beat, Spawn Location & Loot
- Diablo 4 Avarice World Boss: How To Beat, Spawn Location & More
- Diablo 4 Lilith's Lament: How To Beat Final Act 1 Boss
- Diablo 4 Den Mother Boss: How To Beat, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Staggering System Explained: How To Stagger Bosses
- Diablo 4 Lord Avitus Location, How To Beat and Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 The Blood Bishop Location, How To Defeat, Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 The Butcher Location, How To Defeat, Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 Armor System: Damage Reduction, Monsters & More
- Diablo 4 Clans: How To Create, Ranks, Permissions & More
- Diablo 4 Primary Stats & Effects Per Class Explained
- All Diablo 4 Shrines & Buffs
- Diablo 4 Renown: How To Earn & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Max Level And Paragon Points Cap
- Diablo 4 World Tier Difficulty Levels, Requirements & Unlocks
- Does Diablo 4 Have Followers? Answered
- Diablo 4 Paragon Board: Tile Types, Glyphs, Sockets & More
- How To Farm Glyphs Quickly In Diablo 4's Endgame
- Diablo 4 Glyphs: How To Upgrade, XP Per Level & More
- Diablo 4 World Tier Difficulties Won't Have Level Requirements After All
- How To Prepare For Diablo 4 Season 1 Five Essential Tips
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Nightmare Dungeons Rotation
- All Diablo 4 Sorcerer Malignant Hearts & Stats Detailed
- Diablo 4 Season Journey: All Rewards & Objectives in Season 1
- Diablo 4 S1 World Tier Difficulty Changes: Monster Level Scaling, XP & Bonuses
- How To Farm Ichor Quickly in Diablo 4 Season 1
- How To Craft Malignant Hearts in Diablo 4 Season 1
- All Diablo 4 Barbarian Malignant Hearts & Stats Detailed
- Diablo 4 New Unique Items & Power Stats in Season 1
- Diablo 4 Season 1 New Legendary Aspects & Powers Detailed
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts For All Classes: Stats & Effects
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Level Requirement Caps For Sacred & Ancestral Items
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Varshan the Consumed Boss: Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Hardcore Characters Need To Be Alive For Season 1 Renown Progress
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts Types & Powers in Season 1
- Diablo 4 Scroll of Amnesia: How To Get & Effect
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 1 End? Countdown To End Date & Time
- Diablo 4 Seasonal Characters: Progress, Unlocks & More
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts: How To Get, Unlock & Use
- Diablo 4 Battle Pass Price: How Much Does It Cost?
- How Long Are Diablo 4 Seasons?
- Diablo 4 Battle Pass Differences, Explained
- Diablo 4: How To Get Favor
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 1 Start?
- Diablo 4 Season Blessings Explained
- What is Diablo 4 Season Journey? Explained
- Diablo 4 Roadmap, Features, Seasonal Content & More
Our section keeps growing, so check for new guides daily! Don't forget to pick up one of the Diablo 4 Editions and join the fight to save Sanctuary soon.