Wondering what the endgame activities in Diablo 4 will look like once you reach the max level? Completing the campaign and hitting max level is just the start of the journey in Sanctuary, with many players wondering exactly how they will be progressing their character further.
Update on 14 June 2023: We've updated this article with the latest info on Diablo 4's endgame activities.
Diablo 4 Endgame Activities Listed
After hitting the max level of 50, the Paragon Board will unlock, and you will get 1 point to spend every 1/4th of a level. This means you can further boost your character's strength and make a build via the Paragon Board that is unique to your play style.
Further, players can continue to unlock Legendary aspects via their Codex of Power by completing dungeons. That all sounds great, and the developer has put a big focus on endgame activities to help you further increase your character's power as a cornerstone of the Diablo 4 experience.
Check out the list of five (5) Diablo 4 endgame activities and a quick explanation of each one below:
- Nightmare Dungeons: These dungeons are endgame activities in Diablo 4, unlocked by finding Sigils in Sanctuary. Using a Nightmare Sigil turns any normal dungeon into a Nightmare dungeon, with unique affixes, such as portals spawning with additional enemies, environmental effects, and more.
- Capstone Dungeons: Capstone dungeons are basically roadblocks to the next World Tier difficulty in Diablo 4. You need to complete a Capstone dungeon in order to progress to the next difficulty level.
- Fields of Hatred: This is the PvP aspect of Diablo 4. There are areas marked as Fields of Hatred, where players can collect shards and then purify them. Other players can stop you from purifying shards, but if you get the purified shards back to town, you will receive some fantastic rewards.
- Helltides: Helltide events are new region-wide events in Diablo 4 that unlock after World Tier 3 Nightmare difficulty. These events are part of the game's endgame content and offer players new challenges and opportunities to earn valuable rewards. Diablo 4's Helltide events will spawn a multitude of demons that drop a new currency called Cinders, which players can use to open special Helltide chests spread across the different regions of Sanctuary in Diablo 4.
- Tree of Whispers: The Tree of Whispers is an endgame Diablo 4 bounty system sending players to different parts of the world to complete specific objectives for high-level rewards.
Check out the video below, where associate game director Joseph Piepiora, game director Joe Shely, lead game producer Kayleigh Calder, and game producer Ash Sweetring give you an overview of the Diablo 4 endgame activities.
So there you have it, a list of the endgame activities in Diablo 4. These do seem diverse enough as a start, and we are sure more will be added in future seasons. We will endeavor to keep this list updated and dive into every single endgame activity in detail, so stay tuned to our Diablo 4 section.
Diablo 4 Class Builds - Best Barbarian Build | | Best Necromancer Build | Best Sorcerer Build | Best Druid Build | Best Rogue Build | All Classes Tier List | Best Class For Beginners | Build Calculator |
Items - Healing Vial | Item Slot Types | Transmogs/Wardrobe | Salvage Items | Durability & Repair | Trading Items | All Unique Items & Stats | Set Items | Item Quality/Rarity Levels | Elixirs | Butcher's Cleaver | Cry of Ashava Trophy |
General D4 Guides: Legendary & Gold Farming | Town Portal | Inventory Size | Stash Size | Beat Lilith's Lament | Beat Den Mother Boss | Beat Lord Avitus Boss | Beat Blood Bishop Boss | Reset Dungeons | Gathering Legions Guide | The Butcher Boss | Leave Dungeons | All Stronghold Locations | Hardcore Mode | Change Difficulty | Unlock/Launch Time | Balance Changes | Patch Notes |
Diablo 4 Tech Guides - Ray Tracing Support | Couch Co-Op | Server Regions | PC Requirements & File Size | Diablo 4 Servers Down? | Connection Issues Fix | Crashing Issues Fix | Unable To Install or Patch | Low FPS Fix | Error Code 34202 Fix | Disable Fog & Glare | Stuck in Queue Fix | Console Issues | PC Issues | Enable & Disable Chat Bubbles | Hit Max Level Fast | Best PC Settings High FPS | Error Code 395002 Fix | Error Code 316719 Fix | D4 on Steam Deck | Offline Mode | DLSS 3 & NVIDIA Reflex |
Diablo 4 Misc - Statue of Inarius Price & Specs | Wolf Pack Cosmetic | Codes | Diablo 4 Free-to-Play? | Mother's Inked Title | Collector's Edition | How To Respec | Stagger Mechanic | Patch Notes | Asmongold Diablo 4 Beta Thoughts | Item Shop | Wings of the Creator Emote |
Diablo 4 PvP - Coming soon!
Our section keeps growing, so check for new guides daily! Don't forget to pick up one of the Diablo 4 Editions and join the fight to save Sanctuary soon.