There are five regions in Diablo 4, each with its unique environments, enemy types, dungeons, and more. Hawezar is the wetlands region of the game, full of poisonous swamps, snake-worshipping witches, and man-eating plants, to name a few.
Like other regions in the game, Hawezar is also home to many Dungeons, Strongholds, Side Quests, and more. This guide covers everything you need to know about Hawezar in Diablo 4.
Update on 7 July 2023: We've updated this article with any new information and details for Diablo 4's Hawezar region.
Table of Contents
Diablo 4 Hawezar Overview & Lore
As mentioned previously, Hawezar is the swamp land of Sanctuary. Morally, it's the most degenerated region of the game, full of assassins, thieves, and murderers. Overall, Hawezar has a very dark and eerie vibe to it.
Here's some official Hawezar lore to set up the mood:
"...and then the foul swamps of Hawezar to explore."
"Why can’t they be regular swamps?"
"Because they need to be foul. This is super-important foul. Foul swamps. Sounds pretty dark, right?"
Hawezar location in Sanctuary
Hawezar is located on the easternmost side of the Sanctuary world map. It's right below the snow-capped Fractured Peaks.
Below is the map of Hawezar that pinpoints all the major points of interest in the region, including all the Dungeons, Strongholds, Waypoints, and more.
Hawezar content: Dungeons, Stronghold, & Side Quests
Like other regions in the game, Hawezar is brimming with Dungeons, Strongholds, and Side quests. You will want to complete these activities to earn Renown and increase your reputation. There are also dozens of Liliths of Altar, which you can interact with to get permanent stat boosts for all your characters. Overall, there are:
- x6 Waypoints
- x3 Strongholds
- x49 Side Quests
- x34 Altars of Lilith
Compared to Fractured Peaks, Hawezar is a relatively smaller region with only 56 areas to discover. That said, there's still plenty to see and do here before you proceed to the next region of the game.
All Diablo 4 Hawezar Waypoints
There are six Waypoints in the Hawezar region of Diablo 4, and thanks to maxroll.gg, we know the location of every one of them.
- The Tree of Whispers Waypoint - "Located in town, northeastern part of The Writhing Mire."
- Backwater - "Located in the town, eastern part of Forsaken Coast."
- Wejinhani - "Located in the town, central part of Dismal Foothills."
- Zarbinzet - "Located in the town, central part of Umir Plateau."
- Ruins of Rakhat Keep: Inner Court - "Located in the central part of the Ruins of Rakhat Keep."
- Vyeresz - "Located in Stronghold once cleansed of evil."
You shouldn't have any problem unlocking all the Waypoints in the Hawezar region except Vyeresz, for which you must clear the Vyeresz stronghold. It's located in the southernmost part of the region.
If you didn't know, unlocking Waypoints will let you fast-travel between different areas of the region. It's no surprise that fast travel is one of the most handy features in any open-world game, and in Diablo 4, you will find it even more useful when you have to reach a world boss quickly.
Hawezar Stronghold Locations in Diablo 4
Strongholds are enemy encampments in Diablo 4. You can recognize them with the Red Skull icon on your map. These areas are swarming with powerful enemies, and it's best to venture with a friend or two. Thankfully, these are also a great source of rare and legendary loot. You also gain a ton of Renown by completing Strongholds, so there's that. Furthermore, liberating Strongholds will unlock new artisans and vendors to interact with in the area.
There are three Strongholds in the Hawezar region of Diablo 4.
- Crusaders' Monument - Located in the northwestern part of the Region.
- Vyeresz - Located in the southern part of the Region.
- Eriman's Pyre - Located in the northern part of the Region.
That's everything you need to know about the Hawezar region in Diablo 4.
- All Diablo 4 Vampiric Powers, Effects & Pact Requirements
- Diablo 4 Pact Armor: How To Get, Pact Types & More
- Diablo 4 Grigoire Boss: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Echo of Varshan: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards in S2
- Diablo 4 The Beast in the Ice: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Lord Zir Boss: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Echo of Duriel: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Blood Harvest Events: Locations, Activities & Rewards
- Diablo 4 New Unique Items: Effect, Stats & Class
- Diablo 4 New Paragon Glyphs: Effects, Bonuses & Stats
- Diablo 4 Seasonal Stash Items: Transfers & New Withdraw Tab
- Diablo 4 Hunter's Acclaim: Reward Tiers and Reputation
- Diablo 4 Steam Release Time & Date Countdown
- Diablo 4 Season 2 Nightmare Dungeons Rotation
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 2 Start?
- How To Prepare For Diablo 4 Season 2 Five Essential Tips
- Best Diablo 4 Barbarian Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Arsenal, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Necromancer Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Sorcerer Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Druid Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Rogue Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Specialization, Legendary Aspects
- Diablo 4 Class Tier List: Best Solo Builds
- Best Diablo 4 Build Calculator: Skill Tree For All Classes & More
- Best Diablo 4 Paragon Board Planner
- Best Diablo 4 Class & Build For Beginners
- Best Upheaval Barbarian Build in Diablo 4
- Best Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
- Best Fire Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
- Does Diablo 4 Have Ray Tracing on PC or Consoles? Answered
- Diablo 4 Couch Co-Op Explained: Requirements, Bonus XP & More
- Diablo 4 Server Regions: Is D4 Region-Locked?
- Diablo 4 PC Specs: Minimum, Recommended & File Size
- Diablo 4 Servers Down? How To Check Status
- Diablo 4 Connection Issues: Disconnections & High Latency Fix
- Diablo 4 Crashes or Freezes: How To Fix
- Unable To Install Diablo 4 Error Fix & Patching
- Diablo 4 Low FPS Performance Issues Fix
- Diablo 4 Error Code 34202 Fix: Game Servers Are Not Available
- How To Turn Off Fog & Glare In Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Stuck in Queue: Login Issues Fix
- All Diablo 4 Known Issues On Consoles
- All Diablo 4 PC Known Issues & Fixes
- How To Enable & Disable Chat In Diablo 4
- Best PC Settings For Diablo 4: How To Get Max FPS & Performance
- Diablo 4 Error Code 395002 Fix: Account Locked
- Diablo 4 Error Code 316719 Fix: Cannot Access Game
- Can You Play Diablo 4 On Steam Deck?
- Does Diablo 4 Have An Offline Mode? - Answered
- Diablo 4 Gets DLSS 3 & NVIDIA Reflex Support
- Diablo 4 on ASUS ROG Ally: Performance & Compatibility
- Diablo 4 Fractured Peaks Guide: Map, Dungeons, Strongholds & More
- Diablo 4: All Waypoint Locations & Rewards For Fast Travel
- Diablo 4 Full World Map Size & All Zone Maps
- Diablo 4 Chests in Fractured Peaks: Spawn Locations & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Cellar Locations in Fractured Peaks & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith: Locations, Stat Increases & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Hawezar Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Dry Steppes Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Kehjistan Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Fractured Peaks Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Scosglen Locations
- Diablo 4 Healing Vial (Potions): Levels, Upgrade Costs & Effects
- All Item Slot Types in Diablo 4's Inventory
- Diablo 4 Transmogs Explained: How To Change Your Wardrobe
- Diablo 4 Salvage Items: All Materials For Upgrades & Crafting
- Diablo 4 Item Durability & How To Repair
- Diablo 4 Trading Guide: How To, Item Restrictions, Currencies & More
- Diablo 4 Uniques: All Unique Items & Stats
- Diablo 4 Unique items for all classes: Powers and Stats
- Will Diablo 4 Have Set Items? Release Date Speculation
- Diablo 4 Item Quality (Rarity): Unique, Legendary, Rare & More
- All Diablo 4 Elixirs Types: Materials, Buffs, How To Craft & More
- Get The Butcher's Cleaver Unique Item in Diablo 4
- How To Get Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy
- Diablo 4 Incense: All Types, Materials & Effects
- Diablo 4 Ancestral Legendary Item Drops: How To Unlock
- Diablo 4 Sacred Legendary Item Drops: How To Unlock
- Diablo 4 Barbarian Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Necromancer Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Sorcerer Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Druid Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Rogue Challenges: How To Complete & Title Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Crafting Challenges & Title Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Hardcore Challenges & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Monster Kill Challenges, Types & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Dungeon Challenges & Title Rewards
- Diablo 4 Codex Of Power & Legendary Aspects Explained
- All Diablo 4 Sorcerer Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Legendary Aspects & Powers For Barbarians
- All Diablo 4 Rogue Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Necromancer Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Druid Legendary Aspects & Powers
- Strongholds in Diablo 4 & Rewards Explained
- Where To Find All Stronghold Locations In Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Kor Dragan Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Malnok Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Nostrava Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold: How To Clear, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Tur Dulra Stronghold: How To Clear, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Ruins of Qara-Yiso Stronghold: How To Beat, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Ashava Spawn Times, Location, and How To Beat Easily
- Diablo 4 Wandering Death World Boss: How To Beat, Spawn Location & Loot
- Diablo 4 Avarice World Boss: How To Beat, Spawn Location & More
- Diablo 4 Lilith's Lament: How To Beat Final Act 1 Boss
- Diablo 4 Den Mother Boss: How To Beat, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Staggering System Explained: How To Stagger Bosses
- Diablo 4 Lord Avitus Location, How To Beat and Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 The Blood Bishop Location, How To Defeat, Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 The Butcher Location, How To Defeat, Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 Armor System: Damage Reduction, Monsters & More
- Diablo 4 Clans: How To Create, Ranks, Permissions & More
- Diablo 4 Primary Stats & Effects Per Class Explained
- All Diablo 4 Shrines & Buffs
- Diablo 4 Renown: How To Earn & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Max Level And Paragon Points Cap
- Diablo 4 World Tier Difficulty Levels, Requirements & Unlocks
- Does Diablo 4 Have Followers? Answered
- Diablo 4 Paragon Board: Tile Types, Glyphs, Sockets & More
- How To Farm Glyphs Quickly In Diablo 4's Endgame
- Diablo 4 Glyphs: How To Upgrade, XP Per Level & More
- Diablo 4 World Tier Difficulties Won't Have Level Requirements After All
- How To Prepare For Diablo 4 Season 1 Five Essential Tips
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Nightmare Dungeons Rotation
- All Diablo 4 Sorcerer Malignant Hearts & Stats Detailed
- Diablo 4 Season Journey: All Rewards & Objectives in Season 1
- Diablo 4 S1 World Tier Difficulty Changes: Monster Level Scaling, XP & Bonuses
- How To Farm Ichor Quickly in Diablo 4 Season 1
- How To Craft Malignant Hearts in Diablo 4 Season 1
- All Diablo 4 Barbarian Malignant Hearts & Stats Detailed
- Diablo 4 New Unique Items & Power Stats in Season 1
- Diablo 4 Season 1 New Legendary Aspects & Powers Detailed
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts For All Classes: Stats & Effects
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Level Requirement Caps For Sacred & Ancestral Items
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Varshan the Consumed Boss: Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Hardcore Characters Need To Be Alive For Season 1 Renown Progress
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts Types & Powers in Season 1
- Diablo 4 Scroll of Amnesia: How To Get & Effect
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 1 End? Countdown To End Date & Time
- Diablo 4 Seasonal Characters: Progress, Unlocks & More
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts: How To Get, Unlock & Use
- Diablo 4 Battle Pass Price: How Much Does It Cost?
- How Long Are Diablo 4 Seasons?
- Diablo 4 Battle Pass Differences, Explained
- Diablo 4: How To Get Favor
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 1 Start?
- Diablo 4 Season Blessings Explained
- What is Diablo 4 Season Journey? Explained
- Diablo 4 Roadmap, Features, Seasonal Content & More
Our section keeps growing, so check for new guides daily! Don't forget to pick up one of the Diablo 4 Editions and join the fight to save Sanctuary soon.