Diablo 4 excels in being a polished and accessible modern AAA ARPG. It's surprisingly also one of the most successful live-service game releases ever, whether in terms of its overall quality, the sheer amount of content it offers, or its performance across all platforms.
However, despite being one of 2023's best game releases, Diablo 4 isn't perfect, and after spending over 90 hours with the game, I have nit-picked a few things that I believe need to be fixed as soon as possible.
No way to lock the equipment
The equipment lock mechanic is one of the most subtle quality-of-life additions in modern loot-based games. As you may have guessed, it lets you lock your favorite gear so that you don't accidentally sell or dismantle them.
It's no surprise that the Diablo franchise is the forefather of loot-based games, so you can imagine how shocked I was to find out that this fundamental feature was missing in Diablo 4. It didn't hit me until I accidentally sold one of my Rare Weapons (which I was planning to upgrade to Legendary) that came with all the perks I needed for my build. I don't know if the equipment lock system is on Blizzard's to-do list for this game, but I hope it's there.
Show side quests on the map
Usually, I prefer self-discovery, but Diablo 4 isn't a story-driven open-world game. It's a grind fest where you aim to become more powerful as quickly as possible. And so, when I boot up this game, I want to spend less time looking through tasks and objectives that can earn me gold, XP, and Renown Points and more time pursuing these.
Hence, it would be great if the side quests of the regions I have discovered show up on the map. It would have been a different story if the side quests in Diablo 4 were anything more than standard fetch quests, but they are not, which is why the current scenario doesn't make sense.
Negate level-scaling after level 50
Level scaling in Diablo 4 continues to be a topic of debate in the Diablo community. Some veteran fans (and one Bungie dev, apparently) are against it, whereas others don't seem to mind it much.
I feel like level-scaling up to level 50 or until you finish the campaign is okay because it encourages exploration. Not having a level cap for different regions of the game meant I could explore any part of the open world to complete main missions or side quests whenever I wanted, and for the most part, that's what I did.
However, this feature doesn't make sense after you reach level 50 because, by this point, you probably have an idea of what kind of build you want. At least I knew what build I wanted to pursue and was ready to tackle more challenging content. I was also excited to experience that power fantasy after hours of grinding to reach level 50 and correcting my build. Even in an end game, pursuing an activity that's a level or two above me robs the excitement of doing it because it feels similar to how things were before level 50.
While end-game activities like Nightmare Dungeons and Helltides are there, I wish standard open-world activities, like Dungeons, Side Quests, Strongholds, World Events, and World Bosses, would also stop scaling according to my current level. It robs the excitement of pursuing these activities, which shouldn't be the case because everyone needs to grind those anyways for Renown Points. I enjoyed farming Nightmare Dungeons and Helltides because they are both challenging and rewarding, but I was also burned out fairly quickly. It wouldn't have happened if there were other activities I could pursue, but the level-scaling simply didn't give me any incentive to do so.
For the love of god, more inventory space
This one's a no-brainer, and I'm surprised (and not surprised) that Blizzard hasn't addressed the situation surrounding it. We are getting a Gem Pouch, but that's like putting a bandage on an open wound.
Inventory Space in MMOs and loot-based RPGs has always been one of the biggest nemeses of the players, and game companies have never failed to take advantage of it. In Fallout 76, you can pay real money for unlimited storage space for crafting materials and ammo, and I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard finds a way to monetize this much-needed quality-of-life enhancement in Diablo 4.
I also believe plenty of people would be willing to spend money for more inventory space. Whether it's via a morally good practice or a god-awful one, there's no denying the fact that Blizzard needs to increase inventory space in Diablo 4.
Improve Mount Speed
This is another MMOesque problem without any concrete solution. Unlocking the mount in Diablo 4 is a long-winded process, and after you do that, it's notable quickly that the whole ordeal wasn't really worth it. Your mount in Diablo 4 walks fairly slow, and while you can boost its speed every now and then, most people would prefer walking rather than using this clunky and slow way to travel.
In Elder Scrolls Online, you can pay huge sums of gold coins (in-game currency) to increase the mount speed. Sadly, there's no way to do that in Diablo 4. Blizzard hasn't addressed the situation, so there's no clear answer on whether you will be able to improve your mount's speed in the foreseeable future in Diablo 4.
These are some of the biggest problems currently plaguing Diablo 4.
- All Diablo 4 Vampiric Powers, Effects & Pact Requirements
- Diablo 4 Pact Armor: How To Get, Pact Types & More
- Diablo 4 Grigoire Boss: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Echo of Varshan: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards in S2
- Diablo 4 The Beast in the Ice: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Lord Zir Boss: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Echo of Duriel: How To Unlock & Unique Rewards
- Diablo 4 Blood Harvest Events: Locations, Activities & Rewards
- Diablo 4 New Unique Items: Effect, Stats & Class
- Diablo 4 New Paragon Glyphs: Effects, Bonuses & Stats
- Diablo 4 Seasonal Stash Items: Transfers & New Withdraw Tab
- Diablo 4 Hunter's Acclaim: Reward Tiers and Reputation
- Diablo 4 Steam Release Time & Date Countdown
- Diablo 4 Season 2 Nightmare Dungeons Rotation
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 2 Start?
- How To Prepare For Diablo 4 Season 2 Five Essential Tips
- Best Diablo 4 Barbarian Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Arsenal, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Necromancer Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Sorcerer Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Druid Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Legendary Aspects
- Best Diablo 4 Rogue Build: Skills, Stats, Items, Specialization, Legendary Aspects
- Diablo 4 Class Tier List: Best Solo Builds
- Best Diablo 4 Build Calculator: Skill Tree For All Classes & More
- Best Diablo 4 Paragon Board Planner
- Best Diablo 4 Class & Build For Beginners
- Best Upheaval Barbarian Build in Diablo 4
- Best Lightning Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
- Best Fire Sorcerer Build in Diablo 4
- Does Diablo 4 Have Ray Tracing on PC or Consoles? Answered
- Diablo 4 Couch Co-Op Explained: Requirements, Bonus XP & More
- Diablo 4 Server Regions: Is D4 Region-Locked?
- Diablo 4 PC Specs: Minimum, Recommended & File Size
- Diablo 4 Servers Down? How To Check Status
- Diablo 4 Connection Issues: Disconnections & High Latency Fix
- Diablo 4 Crashes or Freezes: How To Fix
- Unable To Install Diablo 4 Error Fix & Patching
- Diablo 4 Low FPS Performance Issues Fix
- Diablo 4 Error Code 34202 Fix: Game Servers Are Not Available
- How To Turn Off Fog & Glare In Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Stuck in Queue: Login Issues Fix
- All Diablo 4 Known Issues On Consoles
- All Diablo 4 PC Known Issues & Fixes
- How To Enable & Disable Chat In Diablo 4
- Best PC Settings For Diablo 4: How To Get Max FPS & Performance
- Diablo 4 Error Code 395002 Fix: Account Locked
- Diablo 4 Error Code 316719 Fix: Cannot Access Game
- Can You Play Diablo 4 On Steam Deck?
- Does Diablo 4 Have An Offline Mode? - Answered
- Diablo 4 Gets DLSS 3 & NVIDIA Reflex Support
- Diablo 4 on ASUS ROG Ally: Performance & Compatibility
- Diablo 4 Fractured Peaks Guide: Map, Dungeons, Strongholds & More
- Diablo 4: All Waypoint Locations & Rewards For Fast Travel
- Diablo 4 Full World Map Size & All Zone Maps
- Diablo 4 Chests in Fractured Peaks: Spawn Locations & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Cellar Locations in Fractured Peaks & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith: Locations, Stat Increases & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Hawezar Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Dry Steppes Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Kehjistan Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Fractured Peaks Locations
- All Diablo 4 Altars of Lilith Scosglen Locations
- Diablo 4 Healing Vial (Potions): Levels, Upgrade Costs & Effects
- All Item Slot Types in Diablo 4's Inventory
- Diablo 4 Transmogs Explained: How To Change Your Wardrobe
- Diablo 4 Salvage Items: All Materials For Upgrades & Crafting
- Diablo 4 Item Durability & How To Repair
- Diablo 4 Trading Guide: How To, Item Restrictions, Currencies & More
- Diablo 4 Uniques: All Unique Items & Stats
- Diablo 4 Unique items for all classes: Powers and Stats
- Will Diablo 4 Have Set Items? Release Date Speculation
- Diablo 4 Item Quality (Rarity): Unique, Legendary, Rare & More
- All Diablo 4 Elixirs Types: Materials, Buffs, How To Craft & More
- Get The Butcher's Cleaver Unique Item in Diablo 4
- How To Get Cry of Ashava Mount Trophy
- Diablo 4 Incense: All Types, Materials & Effects
- Diablo 4 Ancestral Legendary Item Drops: How To Unlock
- Diablo 4 Sacred Legendary Item Drops: How To Unlock
- Diablo 4 Barbarian Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Necromancer Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Sorcerer Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Druid Challenges: All Title Rewards & How To Complete
- Diablo 4 Rogue Challenges: How To Complete & Title Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Crafting Challenges & Title Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Hardcore Challenges & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Monster Kill Challenges, Types & Rewards
- All Diablo 4 Dungeon Challenges & Title Rewards
- Diablo 4 Codex Of Power & Legendary Aspects Explained
- All Diablo 4 Sorcerer Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Legendary Aspects & Powers For Barbarians
- All Diablo 4 Rogue Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Necromancer Legendary Aspects & Powers
- All Diablo 4 Druid Legendary Aspects & Powers
- Strongholds in Diablo 4 & Rewards Explained
- Where To Find All Stronghold Locations In Diablo 4
- Diablo 4 Kor Dragan Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Malnok Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Nostrava Stronghold: How To Clear & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Moordaine Lodge Stronghold: How To Clear, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Tur Dulra Stronghold: How To Clear, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Ruins of Qara-Yiso Stronghold: How To Beat, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Ashava Spawn Times, Location, and How To Beat Easily
- Diablo 4 Wandering Death World Boss: How To Beat, Spawn Location & Loot
- Diablo 4 Avarice World Boss: How To Beat, Spawn Location & More
- Diablo 4 Lilith's Lament: How To Beat Final Act 1 Boss
- Diablo 4 Den Mother Boss: How To Beat, Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Staggering System Explained: How To Stagger Bosses
- Diablo 4 Lord Avitus Location, How To Beat and Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 The Blood Bishop Location, How To Defeat, Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 The Butcher Location, How To Defeat, Loot Drops
- Diablo 4 Armor System: Damage Reduction, Monsters & More
- Diablo 4 Clans: How To Create, Ranks, Permissions & More
- Diablo 4 Primary Stats & Effects Per Class Explained
- All Diablo 4 Shrines & Buffs
- Diablo 4 Renown: How To Earn & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Max Level And Paragon Points Cap
- Diablo 4 World Tier Difficulty Levels, Requirements & Unlocks
- Does Diablo 4 Have Followers? Answered
- Diablo 4 Paragon Board: Tile Types, Glyphs, Sockets & More
- How To Farm Glyphs Quickly In Diablo 4's Endgame
- Diablo 4 Glyphs: How To Upgrade, XP Per Level & More
- Diablo 4 World Tier Difficulties Won't Have Level Requirements After All
- How To Prepare For Diablo 4 Season 1 Five Essential Tips
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Nightmare Dungeons Rotation
- All Diablo 4 Sorcerer Malignant Hearts & Stats Detailed
- Diablo 4 Season Journey: All Rewards & Objectives in Season 1
- Diablo 4 S1 World Tier Difficulty Changes: Monster Level Scaling, XP & Bonuses
- How To Farm Ichor Quickly in Diablo 4 Season 1
- How To Craft Malignant Hearts in Diablo 4 Season 1
- All Diablo 4 Barbarian Malignant Hearts & Stats Detailed
- Diablo 4 New Unique Items & Power Stats in Season 1
- Diablo 4 Season 1 New Legendary Aspects & Powers Detailed
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts For All Classes: Stats & Effects
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Level Requirement Caps For Sacred & Ancestral Items
- Diablo 4 Season 1 Varshan the Consumed Boss: Location & Rewards
- Diablo 4 Hardcore Characters Need To Be Alive For Season 1 Renown Progress
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts Types & Powers in Season 1
- Diablo 4 Scroll of Amnesia: How To Get & Effect
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 1 End? Countdown To End Date & Time
- Diablo 4 Seasonal Characters: Progress, Unlocks & More
- Diablo 4 Malignant Hearts: How To Get, Unlock & Use
- Diablo 4 Battle Pass Price: How Much Does It Cost?
- How Long Are Diablo 4 Seasons?
- Diablo 4 Battle Pass Differences, Explained
- Diablo 4: How To Get Favor
- When Does Diablo 4 Season 1 Start?
- Diablo 4 Season Blessings Explained
- What is Diablo 4 Season Journey? Explained
- Diablo 4 Roadmap, Features, Seasonal Content & More
Our section keeps growing, so check for new guides daily! Don't forget to pick up one of the Diablo 4 Editions and join the fight to save Sanctuary soon.